Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joey Hannon - Sprint race entry required

Options
  • 23-03-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone doing this?

Anyone booked in but not able to do the sprint race, I'm looking for a race entry if theres one going please.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

racing the oly, i have the email address for the RD if you want to email him directly, pm me if you don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Cheers Mossy, I've been onto them and theres a waiting list of about 30 which I was hoping to circumvent!

given the hours you're logging i thought you'd be more suited to the oly ?

My running is still a long way off. I'll be concentrating on putting back-to-back cycling races together and getting out of A4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Green&Red wrote: »
    Anyone doing this?

Anyone booked in but not able to do the sprint race, I'm looking for a race entry if theres one going please.

maybe try the Limerick forum ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=476

• Advertisement

Bump, just in case anyone has decided to pull out??

Bump, just in case anyone has decided to pull out??

i know you said you wanted the sprint, but in case you are really stuck:

the olympic race was open again for entries start of the week. you could, if you didn't get a sprint entry, do the oly, the run is 2 laps, or has been for the last couple of years anyway, so you could still end up with a 5km run if you stopped after one lap and DNF'd or run the first 5km as a race and jog around the second 5km. would get you the benefit of the longer bike as well.

just an option, not super i know

Cheers Mossy, I'll keep that on the back burner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

great stuff
    entered
    thanks
    mossym wrote: »
    i know you said you wanted the sprint, but in case you are really stuck:

the olympic race was open again for entries start of the week. you could, if you didn't get a sprint entry, do the oly, the run is 2 laps, or has been for the last couple of years anyway, so you could still end up with a 5km run if you stopped after one lap and DNF'd or run the first 5km as a race and jog around the second 5km. would get you the benefit of the longer bike as well.

just an option, not super i know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

peter kern wrote: »
    great stuff
    entered
    thanks

Great race Peter, well done

• Advertisement

Yes, well done Peter, fair play.
    Was down as a spectator yesterday, nice day for it.
    Very well organised by the looks of it and great that they have such a good relationship with the locals and the guards, it would take very little I'd imagine to unbalance that so kudos

Couple of quick observations and the second is applicable to all triathlons
    Does the run to and from the dismount line have to be so far?
    Why is transition closed for so long, surely it wouldn't take a massive amount of planning to be able to open some of transition and let those finished earlier get their gear and hit the road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I would imagine that the extra traffic on the road of people leaving early could impact the safety of the race and congestion in the area for locals who are already put out by road closures etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i think at the end of the day its a question that even a club that does fantastic races like limerick tri club has a limit on volunteers, and you need quite a lot for a pool tri anyway.
    I dont see a way how to do it better and it was fantatically marshelled and run.
    ( made me laugh when the announcer said Eammon H put down the brush NOW you are on the commitee and you are not touching it . I wonder if he put it down - i guess not )

re the dismount lane never if anything you would want to put it a bit further away where its flat. so i think the strome a very good balance.

Yes, well done Peter, fair play.
    Was down as a spectator yesterday, nice day for it.
    Very well organised by the looks of it and great that they have such a good relationship with the locals and the guards, it would take very little I'd imagine to unbalance that so kudos

Couple of quick observations and the second is applicable to all triathlons
    Does the run to and from the dismount line have to be so far?
    Why is transition closed for so long, surely it wouldn't take a massive amount of planning to be able to open some of transition and let those finished earlier get their gear and hit the road

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

@Green&Red, there is also an issue with the tempory but permanent metal speedbump just after the dismount line, they are not allowed to move this so they have to place the line some meters back to avoid bikes hitting it at speed

aye, was mentioned in the briefing that the dismount line was where it was to avoid people hitting the speed bump at pace

Fair enough

Advertisement