Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Leases/Lets in Cork City?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Just wondering if any of you knowledgeable folks know of any such accommodation in the city or suburbs? My mothers house sale is closing in 2 weeks & shes intent on renting until she finds her next house rather than stay with me.

I've been looking at Daft & MyHome & accept that shes going to be paying a fair bit monthly but hopefully she won't need a 12 month lease. Ideally, we're looking for something for 3 to 6 months, not too far from the city. A couple of people have mentioned hotels renting apartments by the month. Anybody know if this is the case?

Any advice or suggestions welcome! We just want her to be comfortable above all during the transition.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

There will be a lot of student accommodation becoming available when the college's finish up in Mayish? Id imagine she would be a pretty handy tennant for someone as their house might be empty otherwise. She'd probably need to be gone by the start of september again tho.
    The student apartment blocks are all very modern and might be smaller but a lot nicer than the usuall kip of a house thats normally aimed at students.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Smiley11

The thought had entered my mind but then I visualised my 70 year old mother in grotty student accommodation & I cringed. I'll have a look though because it'd be an ideal solution if there was a "luxury" version ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Smiley11 wrote: »
    The thought had entered my mind but then I visualised my 70 year old mother in grotty student accommodation & I cringed. I'll have a look though because it'd be an ideal solution if there was a "luxury" version ;)
    The purpose built student apartment blocks are supposed to be lovely. Theres a few of them down by victoria cross for ucc that are on a bus route and more in bishopstown for cit. The ones at hawkes rd are on a bus route too but plenty more nearer the cit campus itself.

Advertisement