Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky go activex issue

Options
  • 23-03-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

We were using sky go fine on the pc (Windows 7) fine for ages but haven't used it in a while. Went to use it today and the viewing screen was missing and we kept getting a activex out of date message. Tried to Google a solution but ended up confused and unable to sort it out. Any suggestions?

Btw we were trying to open skygo in e explorer 11 if it makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

piperh wrote: »
    We were using sky go fine on the pc (Windows 7) fine for ages but haven't used it in a while. Went to use it today and the viewing screen was missing and we kept getting a activex out of date message. Tried to Google a solution but ended up confused and unable to sort it out. Any suggestions?

Btw we were trying to open skygo in e explorer 11 if it makes any difference.
    Have you tried it in Firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

200motels wrote: »
    Have you tried it in Firefox?

No would that be an alternative to chrome? Do I just download it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

My understanding is Sky use Silverlight DRM, which Chrome no longer supports so Firefox could be an option. You can download Firefox here

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

As yoyo stated Chrome does not support Silverlight, I use Firefox for Sky Go and it works Okay.

Advertisement