Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Events in Ballyhoura

Options
  • 23-03-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Fri 13th May - Galbally 5 mile @8pm, Reg 7 pm Galbally Community centre, Mooreabbey Milers AC
    Fri 20th May- Kilmallock 5 mile @ 7.30 pm, Reg 6.30 pm Deebert House Hotel Kilmallock AC.
    Fri 3rd June -Doneraile 5km @8 pm, Reg 7pm Community centre, Doneraile,Mallow AC.
    Fri 10th June- Kilfinane 4 mile @ 8 pm, Reg 7pm Scoil Pol, Kilfinane, Kilfinane AC.
    Fri 17th June- Bilboa 10 /5km. @8 pm, Reg 7pm Bilboa Club House, Bilboa AC.
    Fri 1st July- Bruff 5 Mile @ 8 pm, Reg 7pm GAA Club House, Bruff , An Bru Ac.
    Fri 5th August- GR8km @ 7.30 pm ,Reg 6.30pm Mitchelstown, Fitness centre, Galtee Runners AC.
    Fri 2nd Sept- Fermoy 4 Mile @7.30pm, Reg 6.30pm Fermoy Community centre, Grange Fermoy AC.
    Sunday 18th Sept- Charlville Half Marathon @ 10 am, Pre reg online www.charlevillehalf.com North Cork AC.
    More Info www.ballyhouraactive.com Facebook Ballyhoura Active Series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Great series. A few less races this year by the looks of things. Think I did 6 of them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Yeah, the Donoughamore 7 mile race (which is way down in mid-Cork) was on this series last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Dooneen 4 miler not on the list this year

:(

Galbally 5 mile on Friday night - anyone going?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭lenihankevin

Heading to galbally Friday evening...first 5 mile race so looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

Mooreabbey Milers AC host their annual 5 mile road race on Friday May 13th @ 8 pm.This race is part of the Ballyhoura Active Series. AAI permit granted. Chip timing for runners by http://www.premiertimingsystems.ie/
    Runners, walkers & joggers are welcome. Runners 16 years & over €12. Walkers €5, family of 3 or more walking €15. Walk begins at 7.30 pm. Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd male & female runners. Category prizes in male & female o/40, 50, 60, 70. Spot prizes also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Galbally 5 mile on Friday night - anyone going?

Might head to it. Dodgy ankle at the minute so I'll see how that plays out.

Lovely evening for the run yesterday...first 5 mile race I ran in so a pb of 36.10! Delighted as was looking to get around in about 40 or so. Looking forward to the blackwater 10 mile tomorrow if the legs behave themselves!

Race 3 in 2016 Ballyhoura Active Series.
    Kilmallock Ac 5 Mile road race will take place Friday 20 May 2016.
    Registration from 6pm at Deebert House hotel kilmallock.

Race Starts 7.30 Sharp.
    Prizes for 1st 2nd 3rd male and Female
    1st 2nd O40 O50 055 O60 Male and Female
    spot prizes and refreshments after.

Price €12 includes chip timing by Premier timing

Registration in Deebert House Hotel, race starts at 7:30pm Sharp

Race 4 in 2016 Ballyhoura Active Series.
    Dan Byrne Memorial 5k Race
    VENUE: DONERAILE PARK
    DATE: Fri 3rd June 2016
    START TIME: 20:00:00
    ORGANISED BY: MALLOW A.C.
    ENTRY FEE: €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know what the Bruff course is like?

Just getting back on the road after a long illness......have got past the "isn't it great to be back running" phase now so want to get back doing a few races :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Cartman78 wrote: »

Just getting back on the road after a long illness......have got past the "isn't it great to be back running" phase now so want to get back doing a few races :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Hi here is a video of the route
    https://youtu.be/HerXpTt33gs

antod wrote: »
    Hi here is a video of the route
    https://youtu.be/HerXpTt33gs

Haha...that certainly answered my question :-)

Great stuff...thanks for posting

Race 5 in 2016 Ballyhoura Active Series.
    Kilfinane AC 4 Miler Road Race,
    Venue: Kilfinane,
    Date: Fri 10th June 2016
    Start Time: 20:00:00
    Hosted BY: Kilfinane AC.
    Entry Fee: €12

Good race tonight, first time running the 4 mile route and found it quick, rain held off and all so a good night all round.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/824451818

El Caballo wrote: »
    Good race tonight, first time running the 4 mile route and found it quick, rain held off and all so a good night all round.

Did it last year - last half mile is a good test.

Great race tonight...went off too quick and suffered on the last half mile climb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Aiming to run this myself in a few weeks, looks a nice flat course

Did it last year - last half mile is a good test.

That it is, that last ramp is a deceiving little fecker as well, seriously rigged up there. First time in a long time I could see the finish line clock read faster than my PB, only problem was I had that last 300m climb still in front of me and was ceasing more with every step:pac: but those first 3 and half miles are lightening quick especially the first one. I started miles back on purpose to slow me down but still managed to run 6:20 pace going through the first marker and probably wasn't in the top 50 at that stage, that pace felt like a jog down there.

Always enjoy the Kilfinane races, good crowds out at all the Ballyhoura races this year too which is good to see, a little value and good organisation goes a long way.

• Advertisement

The Bilboa 10k/5k is the next race this Friday night the 17th of June reg is from 7 pm in the clubhouse the race starts at 8pm,Full directions are on the website. This race is the Gerry Mulane memorial 10 km and this year the committee have added a 5km.www.ballyhouraactive.com

Another good evening and another big improvement for me. Weather was ideal and the course was fairly challenging but Probably my best run of the year. Reckon on a flat course, my PB might not have long more to last.

Race 7 in 2016 Ballyhoura Active Series.
    An Brú Ac 5 Miler Road Race,
    Venue: Bruff Co.Limerick
    Date: Fri 1st July 2016
    Hosted By An Brú Ac
    Route Preview
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerXpTt33gs

antod wrote: »
    Race 7 in 2016 Ballyhoura Active Series.
    An Brú Ac 5 Miler Road Race,
    Venue: Bruff Co.Limerick
    Date: Fri 1st July 2016
    Hosted By An Brú Ac
    Route Preview
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerXpTt33gs

Anyone else taking part in this race Friday night, looking forward to it now.

HigginsJ wrote: »

Hoping to make it to the start line alright - haven't raced in over 12 months so looking forward to it.

Nowhere near my peak yet due to sickness earlier in the year but will give it a lash. Also looking to possibly join An Bru running club so will be seeking out any official looking type people when i'm checking in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

HigginsJ wrote: »

There's a few of us from Limerick City travelling out for this. I ran it last year too and it's a one of the better races around the county. Well worth the spin.

There's a few of us from Limerick City travelling out for this. I ran it last year too and it's a one of the better races around the county. Well worth the spin.

Good to hear, looking forward to it now. Have put in lots of training since the Doneraile 5k last month so touch wood it shows in my time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys and gals, I'll be there too. If you see me, come on over for a chat! I'll have Green Asiics, black shorts, red/black watch and blue/grey Great Limerick Run top. Talk about that colour coordination!

It's shaping up to be a grand soft evening for a five miler :-)

Hailstones hopping off my window atm

• Advertisement

It's shaping up to be a grand soft evening for a five miler :-)

Hailstones hopping off my window atm

Looks fine again now

Advertisement