Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling plastic bottles

Options
  • 23-03-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭

Is there any recycling bin in Letterkenny for plastic bottles? They are 5 litre water bottles, if not maybe I'll cut them in half and stack them together to put in the rubbish at home.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You'd have to bring plastic containers to the Recycling Centre in Carnamuggagh. Not free, prices listed below.

http://www.donegalcoco.ie/services/environment/recyclingcentres/letterkenny%20recycling%20centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Firblog

These don't really seem to be recycling centres at all; more like bring me stuff I can make money off centres...

Don't recycle plastic, cardboard, or paper - they charge you for taking it, may as well put it in your bin and send it to the landfill, will cost you nothing.

They don't take/recycle non branded ink cartridges, they only take ones they can sell on,

Was up at a mates house in Belfast recently, gave him a hand to clear out some rubbish from his shed, multiple old printers (and cartridges) and computers, batteries, old plastic toys, and various bric a brac, went to centre there, no questions.. put everything where it was meant to go, no hassle. no charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I love the way they deal with non recyclable rubbish in Turku, Finland. Anything that can't be recycled or composted is collected to be incinerated in burners that provide central heating to houses and apartments in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Thanks for the replies. It's the bulkiness of them that's the problem. I just thought if somewhere took them it would save the trouble of cutting them up so they take up less space but seeing as they charge per bag, I'd still be cutting them so I might as well just do that and put them in the recycling bin at home.

Advertisement