Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account cancelled

Options
  • 23-03-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hi

I rang eircom on the 24th Feburary to cancel my account as we were moving. My circumstances changed and on the 9th March I rang back to cancel the original cancellation. I was told that day that no cancellation was put through in the first place and our service would remain the same

This morning my broadband was switched off. Two hours on the phone being passed around from department to department and it turns out the whole account has been cancelled and there is nothing they can do.
    All that was offered was to set up a new account which would take a couple of days at the least and tie us into a new contract which we don't want.

All I want is my original service back. This was eircoms mistake and I am Being penalised by being tied to a new one year contract which I don't want.

We can't even change provider now due to the line not being active.

Could you please look into this for me.

I will PM my account details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Drexel wrote: »
    Hi

I rang eircom on the 24th Feburary to cancel my account as we were moving. My circumstances changed and on the 9th March I rang back to cancel the original cancellation. I was told that day that no cancellation was put through in the first place and our service would remain the same

This morning my broadband was switched off. Two hours on the phone being passed around from department to department and it turns out the whole account has been cancelled and there is nothing they can do.
    All that was offered was to set up a new account which would take a couple of days at the least and tie us into a new contract which we don't want.

All I want is my original service back. This was eircoms mistake and I am Being penalised by being tied to a new one year contract which I don't want.  

We can't even change provider now due to the line not being active.

Could you please look into this for me.

I will PM my account details.
    Hi Drexel,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, I know how frustrating this must be.

I'm afraid once an account is cancelled a new a account would need to be activated. Once you have ordered a new account please feel free to PM me the details and I can put a note on it to advise a new contract will not apply.

Pamela 

Advertisement