Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad band required for wedding reception

• 23-03-2016 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Really struggling to find much online anywhere and the couple I did find are booked up which is a shame, anyone able to recommend one for a wedding reception? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Post something here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=670

Also

Weddingsonline, bookaband.ie, findaband.ie and there are numerous Facebook groups just look up cover band ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Whereabouts and when? Do you want a professional band who do weddings as a regular thing or something more casual?

I don't play myself but I know enough people who can keep a day going with trad/ballads etc as long as it's more Dubliners than Riverdance but everything in between. West based.

*Use me as a last resort if you can't find exactly what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 liffeyguy

emerdunne.com..she also plays in a trad band separate to doing her solo work..the musicians that play with her are all top notch players too.

Justin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Sono

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll pass on all the helpful info to the boss and take it from thereðŸ‘

Whereabouts and when? Do you want a professional band who do weddings as a regular thing or something more casual?

I don't play myself but I know enough people who can keep a day going with trad/ballads etc as long as it's more Dubliners than Riverdance but everything in between. West based.

*Use me as a last resort if you can't find exactly what you're looking for.

A professional band would be the preferred option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

hey could you send me the details, thank you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

Hello is it the main band after the meal you are talking about. Some people have trad bands at the drinks reception.

emerdunne.com..send an email and she'll reply to any question you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

liffeyguy wrote: »
    emerdunne.com..send an email and she'll reply to any question you have
    I'm sure your pal appreciates the promotion, but I get the feeling the OP may be looking for something a little more along the lines of...

http://www.corasevents.com/

not a pal..just someone who is extremely talented who I think would suit what he the op is looking for..hopefully he/she gets sorted

• Advertisement

Keep the suggestions coming folks, much appreciated!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 intune

Where exactly is the reception? I know a trad formation in Cork that you might like. Have to ask if they'd travel though it if is far. Are you looking for a large combo (as per your link) or is a 3-4 piece ok? Would keep the price down I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 thered

Advertisement