Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you change your running year?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Just curious, shoes and other clothing ?. Do they ever last a long time ?☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

December 31st, every year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

My shoes about every 1000 miles.
    Tops when they're visibly worn out.
    Socks when they get holes.
    Shorts seem to last for just about forever.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Shoes about every 800-900miles,
    socks when they have holes in them, same for tops and shorts.

I'm rotating the same two pairs of shorts now for a good 4 years, happened to get three pairs of them on Amazon for 10e on offer years back, Fantastic buy at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Strava just informed me I have 1,502 miles on my sequence boosts! Just about due a change I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

I recently did a cost per mile calculation on my running shoes (I know, I know).
    Average was 8c per mile.
    Best value were the Brooks Pure Cadence I got in TK Maxx at 5c/mi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I seem to only get about 350 to 400 miles out of a pair of shoes before the outsole is worn though to the midsole on my right outer heel. I think I need to change my running form. Most shoes feel like the bounce is gone out of the cushioning by the time I reach 400 miles as well except for any adidas boost shoes I have. As for the rest - i'll wear shorts, tops and socks etc. until they fall apart - which hasn't happened yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

"It depends" is the stock answer here. For my Hokas, RMAT lasts longer than EVA given my road running regime, but about 800 miles max (i.e., I'm buying new shoes every two months).

Clothes - buying is a function of wear and tear and fashion for me. I'll dump clothes before they wear out: 2XU and SKINs mostly. I still wear the 2XU compression tights I used in the San Francisco Marathon in 2014 for example, though love the new SKINs compression schemes. Generally I buy something new about every six months or so, depending on season (e.g., thermals for winter, etc).

Probably about a grand EUR each year.

Running isn't free whatever they tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Probably 2 pairs of main runners a year and a pair for tempo and racing every year.

Clothes wise, usually where what I pick up from races or buy stuff in Decathlon in France.

Would spend no more than 300-400 a year, if that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

For those who wear sports bras (men or women 😀) how long do they generally remain effective? If I run on average 3 times per week ,how often should I renew? And avoid machine washing I recently read ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Spirogyra wrote: »
    For those who wear sports bras (men or women 😀) how long do they generally remain effective? If I run on average 3 times per week ,how often should I renew? And avoid machine washing I recently read ?

Avoiding machine washing sports bras is a nice idea but totally impractical in reality.

I tend to use mine for around a year - either my size will have changed slightly or they will have become quite worn in that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Spirogyra wrote: »

Its reckoned on average you should change your bra when you change your shoes.

pablo-3.png?w=500&h=750
    over the average lifespan of your running shoes (500miles) your breasts will travel 72 miles

Advertisement