Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges 2 years after closing account

Options
  • 23-03-2016 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Yesterday, 2 years after closing a gas account, the sum of €68.88 was taken by direct debit from my bank account without my permission, and without any prior notification. This is contrary to the rules of the direct debit scheme. The direct debit mandate would still be active as I still have an active electricity account at a different address.

The gas account was transferred back into the name of the landlord as I was moving out.

Please explain:
    1. What this payment is for
    2. Why was I not notified
    3. Why has it taken 2 years

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi there,

We're sorry to read this.

In order for us to look into your account could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name as it appears on your Electric Ireland account
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then access your details in order to look into your query fully.

Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Thanks, I've done that.

Advertisement