Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting and Decorating Pricing

Options
  • 23-03-2016 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Good evening all,

I am not familiar with painting prices and therefore am seeking your help.

I understand that not seeing the property makes it more challenging to provide a rough price but I will endeavour to be as descriptive as possible.

It is a job based in the south east.

Planned job includes

living room

Hallway, extending upstairs.

two small bedrooms

Larger bedroom

The hallway, living room and one small bedroom and the large bedroom would require wallpaper stripping and making the walls good. Bearing in mind we are mid construction and therefore the walls would require a good amount of filling and fixing etc.

Thereafter application of two coats to the walls and I assume a single coat to ceilings.

All rooms will have skirting painted and include two doors being varnished.

I have every faith in the painters qualifications and I am happy to enter into contract for the most part but the price did give us a bit of a wobble when we got it so I am seeking some rough estimates to have something to compare to.

I am sorry if I have not been detailed enough. Just trying to get an idea...

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

snip is your friend here (have used it before and will be using it again very soon, so far so good).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I'm in Carlow and have a circa 1750 sq ft bungalow. Getting all interior walls, ceilings, woodwork and radiators repainted. Two coats on everything. Kitchen, dining room, sitting room, bathroom (ceiling only, walls completely tiled), 5 bedrooms and entryway/hallway. I will be taking all the wall paper down and washing the walls down with sugar soap. The painters will take over from there.

Two quotes for labour have come in at €1550 and €2000. And that's including a lot of prep work and fixing plaster work etc. Probably gonna spend about €300 on paint.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Giles wrote: »
    snip is your friend here (have used it before and will be using it again very soon, so far so good).

Welcome to the c&p forum please read section 3 (&2) of the charter thanks http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036302

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

..Brian.. wrote: »
    I'm in Carlow and have a circa 1750 sq ft bungalow. Getting all interior walls, ceilings, woodwork and radiators repainted. Two coats on everything. Kitchen, dining room, sitting room, bathroom (ceiling only, walls completely tiled), 5 bedrooms and entryway/hallway. I will be taking all the wall paper down and washing the walls down with sugar soap. The painters will take over from there.

Two quotes for labour have come in at €1550 and €2000. And that's including a lot of prep work and fixing plaster work etc. Probably gonna spend about €300 on paint.

Regards material costs, each room 5l wall paint say 40euros each, hallway 7-10litre, ceiling paint 15-20 litre 50-70 euros. paint for timber 5l and rediator paint, add calk, fillers, sandpaper, primer, tape, brushes (for oil based paints) etc. .
    I say at least 500euros.

Advertisement