Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Advice please?
    Hi

Wondering if you could advise. I started my last period on the 21st Feb. Was intimate on the 5th March. Protection failed unfortunately but my partner is sure he didn't ejaculate inside me.
    According to an app I'm using to track my cycle I ovulated on the 7th. I've no idea how accurate this is. I had slight bloody discharge when I wiped on the 8th. I thought this was strange but thought this was a sign of ovulation going by the app.
    Last Friday I started getting cramps like period pains but no period. Period was due on Monday just gone and so far no sign. I took a pregancy test on Sunday (clearblue) and it was negative. Was relieved until i read online that its not definite that I'm not pregnant and could be testing too early. Out of panic I took the second test from the pack on Monday when period didn't arrive and again negative. Keep getting period like pains on and off and was sure they were arriving today and yesterday but nothing. Except today on and off when I wipe there is very slight brown discharge like the end of my period and tiny bit of blood. Not there every time i wipe and very slight.Thought again my period was on the way and nothing. Period now 2 days late. I'm worried sick now and driving myself mad googling which is only making me more confused. On tuesday I took 2 more tesco pregnancy tests as I heard these are more reliable than digital and both negative .
    Any advice? I know no one can give me the answers as everyone's body is different but would like to hear your thoughts. How likely is it to get 4 negative results and still be pregnant?
    I'm so worried as although we plan to start a family in the next year or 2 we are not in a position to have children at this very moment. Im hoping this is just a late period. Any advice appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Very unlikely. Late periods can be caused simply by stress, and cramps and discharge by a vaginal infection. That said, in my early 20s I had a pregnancy three months along with tests still turning up negative, though this is vanishingly rare and probably had something to do with the fact that my hormones were wonky in the first place. Tests are better and more sensitive now. See a GP as soon as possible, something is going on down there even if it is not a pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

If your period still hasn't come, buy a First Response pregnancy test, and do the test in the morning time. If you are pregnant then the pregnancy hormone HCG will be strongest in your urine.

Nobody here can really say one way or the other whether you are or not. What you describe could be implantation bleed/spotting or it could be your period trying to start. Stress can delay your period, it happens to me. If your first response is negative and there is still no sign of your period in day or so, then pop along to the gp to get it checked out.

Advertisement