Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinea pig fostering

• 23-03-2016 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Everyone,

This is a bit of a long shot but I'm desperate now!! I've to move away for work until Decemeber and need a home for my two Guinea pigs.
    I'm hoping to find someone who will take care good care of them and give them the love and attention they need.

If there's anyone out there that thinks they could be in a position to help please contact me as soon as you can. I'm due to leave in a couple of weeks and had arrangements made for them but this is no longer an option!

Thank you for any help you can give me!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There are a few people around who do boarding for smallies. Are you looking for someone to take them for free then give them back in December? Fostering is a term generally used to describe the short term care of animals that are looking for new homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebubble25

Hi,

Yes I'm hoping somebody would take them and mind them for free until December. I would of course pay for their food and hay etc. I have looked into boarding for them but due to the length of time it's just working out way to expensive :(

Am I posting in the right place or should I move this elsewhere do you think? Thanks for the reply by the way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I think realistically you have two options, either to re-home them permanently or bring them with you. I wouldn't do it for someone on those terms, there is no incentive for a person to do it and what would happen if one or both got sick and needed vet treatment while in the other persons care.

This is the right forum but you may also want post in the relevant regional forum. Have you tried trusted friends and family?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebubble25

I would like to exhaust every other option first before I look at rehoming them permanently, I've had a couple of people onto me so fingers crossed it works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Someone else posted a link to this thread on another thread, so thought I would relay it too! Might be some help to you!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057578611

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Snapchatfan

Hi, did you find someone to mind your Guinea pigs yet?

Advertisement