Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir trying my patience with abhorrent behaviour

Options
  • 24-03-2016 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭

I'm going to post this here because my attempts to resolve this issue over the phone have been a waste of time .

My elderly parents have been Eircom/Eir customers for decades.

Last August my dad was offered an upgrade to unlimited e-fibre broadband and calls for 35 euro per month for the first 6 months and then 58 euro per month for the next 12 months.

He was given a new customer account number when he changed package .
    Upon looking at his bills at Christmas I noticed that he was being charged 88 euro a month for his broadband and phone bundle since August.

He rang Eir in January to inform them of the overpricing and was told that a mistake had indeed been made in that his services werent bundled and the matter would be resolved.

The overcharging continued and no changes or refunds were made.

He rang up again in February and was told that he wasnt eligible for a refund as according to terms and conditions ,listed on the bill ,he had to query the bill within 14 days.
    It doesnt say this anywhere on the bill .

The next time he rang up in February the customer service agent put the phone down on him .

Today I rang the loyalty department and they said that my Dad was entitled to a refund and would put me through to customer service to resolve the matter.
    After waiting on hold for over 10 minutes I was disconnected.

What kind of a way is this to treat a customer ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm going to post this here because my attempts to resolve this issue over the phone have been a waste of time .

Last August my dad was offered an upgrade to unlimited e-fibre broadband and calls for 35 euro per month for the first 6 months and then 58 euro per month for the next 12 months.

Upon looking at his bills at Christmas I noticed that he was being charged 88 euro a month for his broadband and phone bundle since August.

He rang Eir in January to inform them of the overpricing and was told that a mistake had indeed been made in that his services werent bundled and the matter would be resolved.

He rang up again in February and was told that he wasnt eligible for a refund as according to terms and conditions ,listed on the bill ,he had to query the bill within 14 days.

The next time he rang up in February the customer service agent put the phone down on him .

Today I rang the loyalty department and they said that my Dad was entitled to a refund and would put me through to customer service to resolve the matter.

Hi Zardoz,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We're so sorry to hear of this experience. This is definitely not the experience we aim to provide. Can you PM me your parents account number and I will take a look into this for you.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks for sorting this out for me Pamela ,I am very appreciative.
    Great service. :)

Thanks for sorting this out for me Pamela ,I am very appreciative.
    Great service. :)
    It's no problem at all.
    Thanks for the great feedback  ZardozI appreciate it :)

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mnolan198

Please send all the information to Comreg. They will contact Eircom and believe me they will sort this.

mnolan198 wrote: »

Please send all the information to Comreg. They will contact Eircom and believe me they will sort this.
    Thanks mnolan198,

This issue is now resolved. :)

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement