Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan meal plan app for Android

Options
  • 24-03-2016 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I want to make the step from vegetarian to a vegan diet, but want something nice and easy to follow that will plan a weeks worth of meals for me in advance.

I had tried downloading the weight mate app from the operation transformation site, but it's very restrictive, as in it doesn't cater for a vegan diet. I tried signing up for an account on eatthismuch.com. The site offers an app for iPhone users, but not for Android. I also found the meal plans on the site to be boring (same 3 or 4 meals repeated) and not really balanced with few green leafy veggies, and little to no beans/pulses to make up protein requirement as I opted to add soy/tofu to the avoid list.

Does anyone have experience with vegan meal planning apps for Android? Especially necessary is one that can subtract certain foods to be avoided due to food intolerance or allergy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

I've just started using the yummly app. You put in dietary restrictions, such as vegan, and the only recipes that will show will then be vegan.
    You can then add the recipes to your shopping list, and all the ingredients will be added easily!
    I don't think it has a clear layout though for what to eat when. I mean, there's no timetable for which recipe you want to use for breakfast on each day, etc. I just sort of write that down myself on a piece of paper, but it's good for keeping your shopping list in track.

Advertisement