Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help updating firmware!

• 24-03-2016 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I'm officially at my wit's end!

Koolkid was so kind to send me the firmware update for the Siemens 4320 control panel in order for it to work with the spk521 keypad and I feel like a complete numpty as I cannot work out how to update the firmware 😳😳

Is there an IP address I need to put in?

Can someone give me a step by step guide for dummies? My internet search as proved useless so far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I'm officially at my wit's end!

Koolkid was so kind to send me the firmware update for the Siemens 4320 control panel in order for it to work with the spk521 keypad and I feel like a complete numpty as I cannot work out how to update the firmware 😳😳

Is there an IP address I need to put in?

Can someone give me a step by step guide for dummies? My internet search as proved useless so far.

The last time I re flashed one I done it over the usb connection. But you can do it over Ethernet too.

You will need the IP address of the panel, is dhcp enabled on it? If dhcp enabled look at the host list on your router to find the panel ip. If no dhcp on the panel you need to look up the internet for its default ip and set you PC to a similar ip but different host (last byte of ip).

Once you get a connection you should be able to ping the panel. Then open up a browser (preferably old internet explorer). When you get the login screen, login with username Engineer and password is you engineering pin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the connection fails you may need to enable SSL3 .
    Once upgraded the encryption switches to TLS

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Apple of my eye

Could anyone give me step by step instructions?? Eg:
    1. Connect Ethernet cable from laptop to panel
    2....... (What do I do next??)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Connect the panel your network.
    In engineer goto communications >Ethernet Port
    Scrool down and enable DHCP
    Then scrool up to IP address. This will display the internal IP address of the alarm panel.
    Connect your laptop to the network and browse to https://and your ip address.
    If you get a security warning continue to the web page. Log in is
    User:Engineer
    Password is your engineer code.

Advertisement