Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork pothole king

• 24-03-2016 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭

Putting Cork forward ,particularly carrigaline ,and rural roads surrounding it as the pot hole King of Ireland, and the CO council roads division as the laziest ,inept gang in the 26 counties, n.b. not the workers,but the engineers(sic)who supposedly oversee ,designate repairs etc,what a joke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

you'll need to supply a bit of evidence to back up that claim otherwise, I'd say we'll all ignore your rant

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No proof of said potholes,
    Sure I could claim there's potholes big enough to drop a house into in Co Tipp, I'm the winner now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

you'll need to supply a bit of evidence to back up that claim otherwise, I'd say we'll all ignore your rant

Haven't enough memory on my phone to supply it,ha,and if u think it's a rant ref CO council, u must be an employee, or close to one of the dossers

Cabaal wrote: »
    No proof of said potholes,
    Sure I could claim there's potholes big enough to drop a house into in Co Tipp, I'm the winner now :pac:

Yere normally ,except last Sunday, second best to cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Putting forward Tarbert main street (from the Limerick side) as the worst town in Ireland for Potholes. - 15mph in a standard car and your in the alloy wheel repair shop. Its like that years too. disgraceful!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I propose the Nobber-Muff road in county Meath. Full of holes. Hairy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Bio Mech wrote: »
    I propose the Nobber-Muff road in county Meath. Full of holes. Hairy stuff.

You mean Muff Crescent in Nobber.... A hard place to fill up all the holes in.... Hard working council people working hard keeping the runway into that estate smooth...

Besides, speaking of potholes in Meath.... Bleh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

What I'd like to see is a minimum standard of repair. I live near the boundary of Bandon and Clonakilty areas. The difference between the two in terms of standards of work is like chalk and cheese. Clon area will put concrete into dykes where water volume can be high. Bandon area God help us.
    A stretch of road near me was closed for over a month last year for refurbishment. Hardcore, blinding increased capacity for riverwater crossings, widening and resurfacing. 4 times since then it has been closed to attend to 2 river crossings that cant handle water flow. The floods before Xmas absolutely destroyed the new surface and it was closed for a month while they repaired the damage. Finally got a contractor to surface the road. Dykes are lethal now and you would get a vehicle stuck in the channels cut by the floodwaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Too many km of roads in this country for the amount of people, far too much one off houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Putting Cork forward ,particularly carrigaline ,and rural roads surrounding it as the pot hole King of Ireland, and the CO council roads division as the laziest ,inept gang in the 26 counties, n.b. not the workers,but the engineers(sic)who supposedly oversee ,designate repairs etc,what a joke

Why do you put a space and then comma with no space after it? It's the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do!

E.g.

I like complaining and potholes, but not as much as complaining about Cork County Council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

u must be an employee, or close to one of the dossers
    Much less of this stuff. Be civil if you want this thread to remain open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You cork people need a healy rae or 2 to sort this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"He fixed the road!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I have to agree with OP, the situation is really bad. Cathedral rd. and Shandon st. there is a huge long hole in the road. Manhole cover sinking at the end of Shanakiel rd. Two of them actually at that busy junction. After Wellington bridge that junction is a pure joke!

All roads in Cork are joke basically. Which means people responsible for this are a joke. Who is in charge of that circus, which clown?

I want names!

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

You mean Muff Crescent in Nobber.... A hard place to fill up all the holes in.... Hard working council people working hard keeping the runway into that estate smooth...

Besides, speaking of potholes in Meath.... Bleh

Is there a landing strip of grass in the middle still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Try fixmystreet.ie to report damage to roads etc. Works pretty well for Co. Galway most of the time. If that doesnt work try your local councillor. After that maybe your local radio station.

So basically Cork=Pothole.

16abd3t.jpg

And that's just a fraction of what is out there.

biko wrote: »
    Much less of this stuff. Be civil if you want this thread to remain open.

Wrist slapped,bum spanked,got the message, only banter

Advertisement