Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding out a part number.

• 24-03-2016 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I've been trying to replace a part in an 07 Kia Ceed Crdi. It's the cabin light/sunglass holder unit. Kia are asking for ridiculous money, and I'm hoping I can get one on eBay or somewhere. I did ask the parts lad in Kia if I could have the parts number, but he musnt have heard me :D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Hi guys.

I've been trying to replace a part in an 07 Kia Ceed Crdi. It's the cabin light/sunglass holder unit. Kia are asking for ridiculous money, and I'm hoping I can get one on eBay or somewhere. I did ask the parts lad in Kia if I could have the parts number, but he musnt have heard me :D

Cheers

928701H000ED on an 08 model AFAIK, assume the same on an 07. Ring a different Kia dealer and specifically ask for the part number. If you are replacing the part which is already present then the parts number may already be on the original part your replacing.

I believe they are normally in the €150-€200 region!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Dealers are not obliged to give out part numbers......why should they, and it's not right to ask.....let the eBay supplier figure out if it's the correct one or not, it's them that are going to benifit from the sale, not the dealer......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

yes , I work in parts and if anyone gives out a part no. they should be fired :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

goochy wrote: »
    yes , I work in parts and if anyone gives out a part no. they should be fired :pac:

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I've been involved with main dealer parts departments for the past 40 years. The 'part number' is not sacrosanct. It is a freely available piece of information. Apart from the fact that the manufacture is not only obliged to mark each part with a part number, whoever sells the part is also obliged to provide the part number to the customer. If for argument sake a part is not available, for whatever reason, a customer, who may wish to source the part themselves, is perfectly entitled to the information.
    Anyone working in parts, these days, should be aware that it's a relatively simple procedure to find a part number for a particular part. Since the 'block exemption' regulation of the late 90's, manufacturers are obliged to share information. There are any amount of database content (outside of main dealers) that supply part numbers.
    There was a time when dealers were coy about giving out too much information, those days are gone, and rightly so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement