Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desirable Locations (family living)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

bobbyss wrote: »
    Taylor's Hill probably the most affluent in the city and Kingston Road too.
    Renmore i would have thought to have lots of rental accomodation and associated students and associated issues. But generally you never hear much of a any trouble in fairness.

Close to there and also very livable are Highfield and Shantalla. Some of the houses in Shantalla are small but it is relatively quiet for its location and has a great community spirit (and your pick of creches, schools and sports clubs).
    As far as the West of the city goes: since NUIG is migrating across the river and with the addition of Dun na Coiribe the epicenter of student accommodation is changing. You still have a couple of student houses (or "young professionals") in any given street but that is true of anywhere in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RANIA

Could you pm me the details of some helpful auctioneers??
    Taylors Hill gets a thumbs up from me. Some lovely properties there. Don't overlook Bushypark. Absolutely beautiful walks near the river and a short drive over Circular Road brings you to Salthill. Will you be working on a particular side? My mother found it influenced where we lived as she always chose cycling to work. Barna is beautiful but if you've school going children it'd mean being on the road a lot. Regarding schools, names down early or it won't happen if you're not old Galway.
    Leave your name with some auctioneers and they'll ring you as soon as they've something suitable. An uncle of mine sold a property recently in a fortnight. Certain areas very desirable. PM for any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Answers by PM
    Old thread lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement