Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny April Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PlainP wrote: »
    But that's because you are already a high level, is it not?!

It is, yes.
    This is true.
    Still, it's raining loot regardless, went in last week with a 325 Hunter and came out around 330 too

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

still need two 335 helmets, one 335 chest, three 335 boots and one 335 class item - then all will be 335.

Still have to finish of CoE on my hunter this week - so at least one of those will be cross off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

still need two 335 helmets, one 335 chest, three 335 boots and one 335 class item - then all will be 335.

Still have to finish of CoE on my hunter this week - so at least one of those will be cross off the list.

I've to do same. Not looking forward to the Void Ability Kills bounty. Though, any type of kill while an enemy is tethered counts as an ability kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've to do same. Not looking forward to the Void Ability Kills bounty. Though, any type of kill while an enemy is tethered counts as an ability kill.

Does it? I thought I tried that for a void vanguard bounty and it didn't work, only a kill off the initial tether shot counted iirc, maybe I am confusing it with super kills.

I went with triple tether shot and then smoke/grenade combo. Had that bounty done halfway through the second room then was able to switch to double trip mine. Was also going for precision kills as well, for the other bounty.

Does it? I thought I tried that for a void vanguard bounty and it didn't work, only a kill off the initial tether shot counted iirc, maybe I am confusing it with super kills.

I went with triple tether shot and then smoke/grenade combo. Had that bounty done halfway through the second room then was able to switch to double trip mine. Was also going for precision kills as well, for the other bounty.

Well I assume it does as you get the Special Ability multi kill medals in crucible even though you only kill one with the initial shot but dome anyone else tethered, and it's Void.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Raid is a loot piñata now.

Got 8x335 items from one full run (was 333/334) of the Raid incl Oryx challenge on Hard

I found the 2 challenge modes last week and this week gave away plenty of high loot. Got 3 x 335 primaries from Oryx last night. The other part of the raid were only giving me 320ish stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Lol, I hit 320 with my Warlock (main) this week...

Still need 335.... Everything.

Lol, I hit 320 with my Warlock (main) this week...

Still need 335.... Everything.

I feel ya bro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah 320's not bad. Back when all this was just fields you were treated with disdain as a level 29 unless you had a gjallahorn. Raiding for weeks looking for that one piece of armour to put you over the edge. You'd have three of everything except those raid gloves you really needed.

It was Boots that were the problem, not Gloves.... you drunk! :P

• Advertisement

It was Boots that were the problem, not Gloves.... you drunk! :P

I don't drink in work. Not since I had six tequilas at lunch....totally not my fault.

I feel ya bro
    I opened all of my CoE gear while trying to level my Spektar gear... Most of the drops I got were ~280 :(

gimli2112 wrote: »

I don't drink in work. Not since I had six tequilas at lunch....totally not my fault.
    Accidental tequila?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Accidental tequila?

Nothing is ever accidental when it come to Tequila :P

Lads, did yis see the notes on the app today about the Clan Tag changes etc??

Ah 320's not bad. Back when all this was just fields you were treated with disdain as a level 29 unless you had a gjallahorn. Raiding for weeks looking for that one piece of armour to put you over the edge. You'd have three of everything except those raid gloves you really needed.

This was me right up to Year 2. Always one level below. Hell, I only got Gjallahorn 2 weeks before the whole Light system changed. It helped get that Skolas kill for the Year 1 Moments of Triumph. Gjallahorn was my Unicorn. I had to settle with it's little brother Hunger of Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I opened all of my CoE gear while trying to level my Spektar gear... Most of the drops I got were ~280 :(

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Every engram I'm getting is decrypting below my ll despite stating in the patch notes that they will attemp to decrypt at a higher ll than you currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lads, did yis see the notes on the app today about the Clan Tag changes etc??

Just had a look there now, I think we're covered admin/member wise so no worries. Also, there's still a few sporting no clan tag on their emblem, lazy buggers, if ya get my drift!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Just had a look there now, I think we're covered admin/member wise so worries. Also, there's still a few sporting no clan tag on their emblem, lazy buggers, if ya get my drift!

Oh mine is fixed since yesterday :P But would all 3 clan tags (BOIE) be the exact same or are they all different?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Oh mine is fixed since yesterday :P But would all 3 clan tags (BOIE) be the exact same or are they all different?

All the same, the unique name applies to the Clan Name, not the Clan Tag.

All the same, the unique name applies to the Clan Name, not the Clan Tag.

See thats what happens when you dont read things properly, I'll have to tell my boss to stop looking over my shoulder from now on haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

What were the changes/new things to do with exotics in today's supposed small update? are they giving us some more of our yr1 exotics?

Madman2 wrote: »
    What were the changes/new things to do with exotics in today's supposed small update? are they giving us some more of our yr1 exotics?

I doubt ANY of the remaining Year Exotics (bare in mind there are only 5 left) will be brought forward full stop. Or maybe in August/September at a push.
    They are all considered OP in PvE and unbalancable in PvP

I doubt ANY of the remaining Year Exotics (bare in mind there are only 5 left) will be brought forward full stop. Or maybe in August/September at a push.
    They are all considered OP in PvE and unbalancable in PvP

I have Thorn, Ghally and that fusion (infinity something?) What are the remaining two? It's driving me demented.

I have Thorn, Ghally and that fusion (infinity something?) What are the remaining two? It's driving me demented.

Necrochasm and The Vex and Ice Breaker (sorry it was 6)

I actually dunno what the deal with Pocket Infinity is. Can't be that hard to fix

Always thought Necrochasm was being brought forward with all the changes they made to it but meh. Ghally , icebreaker and thorn will prob be brought in the last week of Destiny 1 if at all. Always wondered why they brought back Invective as in crucible is everybit as punishing as Icebreaker

Invective was my go to PvP secondary until the Havoc Pigeon happened.

Lord of Wolves has replaced invective on my loadouts:D

I've run 2 x raids this week and I'm 325, 325, 320. What would ye recommend I do this weekend to build up my light level?

I'd like to do some a Trials / PvP, and I've limited bandwidth, so I'm looking for suggestions to level fast.

Sounds to me like you're not equipping you highest level light gear before you finish stuff or turn stuff in

Figure out what's holding you back on each character 1st.

Then see if you have stuff that's better than that on another character that you can infuse.

Example being: Warlock has boots at like 332, 331 and 330..... Hunter has 325 boots - Give hunter 331 Boots and infuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Necrochasm and The Vex and Ice Breaker (sorry it was 6)

I actually dunno what the deal with Pocket Infinity is. Can't be that hard to fix

I read some proposals on reddit re the PI. Suggested it be made into a heavy weapon, and put back to the level it was at initially.

Advertisement