Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny April Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Don't let chasing the 335 Dragon ruin the gam, it doesn't matter.

This is the crucial point. How many people do you see now doing VoG or CE? To a certain point, KF can still help you as a stepping stone to get to 335, but why relegate it to outdated gear already?

I get that IB and Trials won't see a huge fall off for damage, but the issue is - you're still going to need to collect high light level weapons and armour to infuse your gear.
    Which means the only way you can get gear, with a high enough light level, to infuse your PvP builds, is through PoE. You'll have to grind PoE, because you'll need a steady supply of gear to get exotics, legendaries from 280 -> 335.
    Even getting a helmet from 325 -> 335 will take two infusion steps.

For those of us who remember actually running PoE, it just dosn't hold the same enjoyment or re-playability as a raid. 6 people having the craic doing a (drunken) raid versus 3 people doing PoE - I know which I'd pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you're a betting man, I would be willing to wager I will have 1 character at 333-334 before the 1st week will be done.

1 KF Challenge (post update) will give 2 320's (speculating here that the 320 guarantees will be the 330's now) so if you have 3 characters that will mean you will have 4 330s (weapons and armour and 3 artefacts - but you only need 1 for the purpose of hitting max with your main)

Doing the lvl 41 challenge will give you one "Treasure Thingy" per week according to the stream, that might net high end gear

Doing 9 PoE 42 Challenges (to fill out 3 cards for Variks) will net you 3x335 guns and 3x335 armour.

CoO Tier 3 Rune for a possible 335?

So within a few evenings you will have
    5x 330 items
    6x 335 items
    Maybe more with CoO and Lvl 41 PoE

So ~12 guaranteed drops per week that are >330

That's plenty for infusion, especially if you consider jumping a 320 gun up, you will have it at 336-338 with just one infusion

Don't knock it till we know more info.
    Aside from maybe the 1st week, the grind won't be much.

If you can do the challenge in ~35 mins, you can do 3 in ~115 mins (with breaks), so you could do your whole weeks worth of Variks Cards in ~360 mins.
    That's 6 hours, sure you can do 6 hours in one sitting (we all did it back before doing 3x VoG on Tuesdays/Fridasy). but most people will just do a 2 hour sitting 3 times a week.

It wouldn't be as fun as the Raid, but I'll definately still be raiding for the fun and for the 330 drops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Doing 9 PoE 42 Challenges (to fill out 3 cards for Variks) will net you 3x335 guns and 3x335 armour.

Why 9? Did you mean 6? and if so - why 6? :)

My understanding was you could run PoE as many times as you want but possibly only run the challenge once per character per week.

Why 9? Did you mean 6? and if so - why 6? :)

My understanding was you could run PoE as many times as you want but possibly only run the challenge once per character per week.

It takes roughly 3 runs to fill out the card for the 90k points section.
    Filling out the "Top score" section gets you guaranteed 335 armour, doing the "90k" section get's you 1 Gun.

Multiply those 2 drops by 3 characters.

Sure you can run it as much as you want, but I'm fairly sure you can only do the Card/Bounty once a week per character (think ToO) to get the Guaranteed rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    What about the level 42 Challenge Of Elders? I imagine that being Skolas-esque length with the odd guardian having to bail in the final round before completion? The buggyness of joining as the 2 inside wipe is annoying.

That is the 35minute thing, based on the stream and what has been said by deej since the level 42 challenge of elders is fairly quick to complete. Which makes sense given that you would need to run it three times or so a week on each character to get the cumulative score bounty on each one.

• Advertisement

It takes roughly 3 runs to fill out the card for the 90k points section.
    Filling out the "Top score" section gets you guaranteed 335 armour, doing the "90k" section get's you 1 Gun.

Multiply those 2 drops by 3 characters.

Sure you can run it as much as you want, but I'm fairly sure you can only do the Card/Bounty once a week per character (think ToO) to get the Guaranteed rewards.

yeah, you can run the challenge as many times as you want, but only complete one card per char.

it is a weekly bounty and you will need to run it multiple times a week to get the cumulative score.

It is designed to be done quickly - if you take too long the score starts to decrease so the entire design is based on running it more than once per char per week and running it quickly.

Also, it is the other way around: high score for weapon, cumulative score for armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

If you're a betting man, I would be willing to wager I will have 1 character at 333-334 before the 1st week will be done.

CoO Tier 3 Rune for a possible 335?

Are the POE high end stuff guarantee'd 335 though ? I read that "upto" like the way the current IB Rank 5 can drop upto 320 but not always. Its upto rng to get you 335.

syboit wrote: »
    Are the POE high end stuff guarantee'd 335 though ? I read that "upto" like the way the current IB Rank 5 can drop upto 320 but not always. Its upto rng to get you 335.

I was just assuming they will be 335, they did say "up to" though tbh.

I guess we'll see in time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I was just assuming they will be 335, they did say "up to" though tbh.

I guess we'll see in time

I would hope its 335, since the raid was giving guarantee'd drops it would be nice having a 2nd way of getting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope they up the drop level for Exotics, and Xur could do with an update too. Armor is far too expensive to upgrade, given the penalty incurred during infusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

7PM this evening folks for April Update info dump 2. New gear and how to git. Want me that TitanTron armour set. Stylin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

7PM this evening folks for April Update info dump 2. New gear and how to git. Want me that TitanTron armour set. Stylin.

Think i might start on getting some armour sets now for my titan :P

Hudless gaming.... interesting.

Raid without Hud? No radar, no ammo signifier, no aiming reticule? could be fun...

Not a taken shader - its an armor collection (PoE updated armor) which has an emote that unlocks when you complete it (Taken jitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

**** me this is awful, I just want to see the vendors and I'm sitting through this ****e.

armor lines (taken and spectar) come from sterling tressure. Which you get from PoE41, Weekly crucible and another I've forgotten. Drops at level 3 (THREE! ffs!)

Exp from everything increased.

infusion is now 1:1 for light levels. brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

armor lines (taken and spectar) come from sterling tressure. Which you get from PoE41, Weekly crucible and another I've forgotten. Drops at level 3 (THREE! ffs!)

Level 3 of what?

PetKing wrote: »
    Level 3 of what?

Light Level 3. (in comparison to current max level of 320).

As said above though, infusion is now 1:1

Praise be to the Vault Size Increase and Bringing back the Old Favourites like (Shadow Price)

• Advertisement

Vault increased to 108.

Some year one legendaries returning - Shadow Price, Badger CCL, Lord High Fixer, Grim Citizen 3, The Devil You Know, The Swarm, Zombie Apocolypse, LDR, Longbow, 2 to the Morge, Comedian shown.

Yay more res snipers

AdamD wrote: »
    Yay more res snipers

Depending on the person, that is genuine delight... or a sarcastic lament.

For me: a sarcastic lament.

Trials, Iron Banner, Kings Fall, Court of Oryx (artifact), PoE Challenge and "Strike Unique" (not sure what that is.... nightfall?) can drop up to 335. So Raid still completely relevant).

Depending on the person, that is genuine delight... or a sarcastic lament.

For me: a sarcastic lament.

Delight. I assume I can't just infuse my old LDR though? At least RNG has better odds now with 5+ res snipers rather than 1.

I like this Chroma thing, we can all look pretty individual now at high levels :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4cm87s/new_exotic_release_thread/

Release List

Weapons

Queenbreaker's Bow
    [Dreg's Promise]()
    [Lord of Wolves]()
    [Patience and Time]()
    [Universal Remote]()

Armor

Purifier Robes
    [Sunbreakers]()
    [Khepri's Sting]()
    [Lucky Raspberry]()
    [ATS/8 Tarantella]()
    [ACD/0 Feedback Fence]()
    [Glasshouse]()
    [Eternal Warrior]()

I like this Chroma thing, we can all look pretty individual now at high levels :P

Bagsy on the Silver Shader/Blue Chroma TitanTron.

infusion is now 1:1 for light levels. brilliant.

They didn't mention exotics though, so still expecting some % drop off there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Yes. Universal remote.

Advertisement