Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny April Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Was there anything mentioned about weapon rebalancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nothing from what I can remember. Maybe next week will reveal something to that end.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not last night.
    Nothing from what I can remember. Maybe next week will reveal something to that end.

Yep - next week is crucible, quality of life and sandbox changes - so you can expect there to be some discussion on weapon rebalancing.

My prediction: Snipers buffed. Pulse and Scouts nerfed. Fusions just removed entirely from the game. :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is sterling treasure micro-transactable?

Is sterling treasure micro-transactable?

Yes.

You get one a week from the post master.
    One a week from the weekly crucible playlist.
    You can also get it from the Match Made PoE41 mode - don't know if this is one per week though.

And yes, you can buy sterling treasure from Eververse Trading (:mad:).

• Advertisement

Yes.

You get one a week from the post master.
    One a week from the weekly crucible playlist.
    You can also get it from the Match Made PoE41 mode - don't know if this is one per week though.

And yes, you can buy sterling treasure from Eververse Trading (:mad:).

Correct me if I'm wrong here but this means we can essentially buy gear and not grind for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but this means we can essentially buy gear and not grind for it.

Yes - gear which has an effect on the game itself, not just cosmetically. Bungie said it would only ever be cosmetic items. This is, slowly, moving towards pay to win.

Also, the gear you buy would be RNG based - so you might buy four sterling treasure boxes and get 4 sets of gauntlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Yes - gear which has an effect on the game itself, not just cosmetically. Bungie said it would only ever be cosmetic items. This is, slowly, moving towards pay to win.

Also, the gear you buy would be RNG based - so you might buy four sterling treasure boxes and get 4 sets of gauntlets.

How does the gear have an effect on the game ? Though it drops from these packages at lvl 3 , and it's just cosmetic isn't it ? Chroma, ships a sparrow and the armor.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    How does the gear have an effect on the game ? Though it drops from these packages at lvl 3 , and it's just cosmetic isn't it ? Chroma, ships a sparrow and the armor.

It can be infused from Lvl 3 right up to Lvl 335, if you have a spare piece of the relevant gear lying around.

I've been reading though that it drops with zero stats, and the stats come from the gear you infuse into it, which can only be gotten from playing. Now, if this is true, then it's not pay-to-win, it's pay-to-get-weak-shiht-quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Mcsirl wrote: »

Was gonna say this as well. Looks like those packages drop with only lvl 3 light and you infuse the rest of the way so it's not really getting high spec gear.

• Advertisement

Me: I see you finally have the helmet to finish Titantron. Crucible? PoE? Postmaster give you a dig out?

Solvable: Nah man got the sterling treasure I needed from Eververse.

Me: But packs of that start at €4.99. How much did it cost.

Solvable. just over €40. *le sigh*

PlainP wrote: »
    Was gonna say this as well. Looks like those packages drop with only lvl 3 light and you infuse the rest of the way so it's not really getting high spec gear.

Yes but 1:1 infusion means you from 3 to 335 with 1 go. This is a slope turning slippery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Buy your perfect roll and infuse it, there's an advantage to be had.

Me: I see you finally have the helmet to finish Titantron. Crucible? PoE? Postmaster give you a dig out?

Solvable: Nah man got the sterling treasure I needed from Eververse.

Me: But packs of that start at €4.99. How much did it cost.

Solvable. just over €40. *le sigh*

809966e19de38e9bdb36b2cd622349e2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

That blows

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I must have been watching a different stream to you people :confused:
    Yes but 1:1 infusion means you from 3 to 335 with 1 go. This is a slope turning slippery.

Yeah, in which case you already have a 335 piece of armour and a 3 piece of armour, afterwards you have a 335 piece of armour. It's not like you magic'd your way to a 335 that didn't already exist. You have to infuse something into it

There's a 1 in 3 chance ANY piece of armour will have the Stat split you want (INT/DIS, INT/STR, DIS/STR). I get about 10 pieces of armour in one sitting.

I can't see anyone seeing the value of spending €40 to get a piece of armour with the stats and perks they want when if they just muck about in the game for 2 hours they'll have one (let's say it drops at 275) and can infuse THAT up to 335 if they want.

Getting a set of INT/DIS gloves with Faster Melee attack speed and increased reload on PvP weapons is NOT hard. Lord Saladin is selling one right now.

If people are willing are that eager for a "God Roll" on armour, they are already playing the game enough to get it to drop anyway within a sitting. If there are people who think spending €40 to try run a lottery to get it..... well leave them off, those people are just paying for more content for me to play and it's not like they will have an unfair advantage since getting "God Roll" armour is not hard.

I mean giving people 3 freebies a week of this stuff is fine, you have the option to buy more, if you don't want more, you don't buy more.

I don't know what this magic piece of armour is that people will be dumping €100 into trying to get? Cause it's just cosmetics in reality. Cosmetics in a 95% 1st person shooter game where you can't see yourself

Now if people are all bent out of shape cause they want to have 4 pieces of armour that match and are all part of the "torn" look...... well that's just cosemtics and it's superfluous throwing around the Pay to Win, Pay to Play arguments. It's a piece of glowing gloves, it's not going to help you "win" the game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Good post Cormac. Agreed with your points and then I read I can buy glowing gloves and thought "I want them"

Disagree a lot with that. It's far more difficult to have perfect roll gear than you're making it out to be, especially if you primarily play pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Disagree a lot with that. It's far more difficult to have perfect roll gear than you're making it out to be, especially if you primarily play pvp.

Well I guess, but in that case I'm assuming you mean having 4 perfect pieces of armour that synergise and get you 5-5-1 stats bars.

And getting that via Silver would cost a lot, and if someone wants to pump €150 into Treasure to try get those rolls instead of playing the game, well they have more money than sense.

It's still RNG after all. It would be a different story if you could pay money to get the EXACT stats you wanted.

Tbh it just sounds like FUT but maybe slightly less extreme. You can spend hours and hours earning it or spend loads on packs to maybe get what you want but get a slight advantage either way. Its fine late in the game but after a reset update it can give people a noticeable advantage.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Tbh it just sounds like FUT but maybe slightly less extreme. You can spend hours and hours earning it or spend loads on packs to maybe get what you want but get a slight advantage either way. Its fine late in the game but after a reset update it can give people a noticeable advantage.
    The int/dsc/str of the armor is taken from the item you infuse into it. so to get a max int/dsc piece of takenified armor at 335 you need to have already got a 335 piece of armor with max int/dsc.

The armor does have its perk rolls when they drop though, so you could farm eververse for the right perks, but not the int/dsc/str spread.

EDIT: seems like I am wrong on this - I thought they said on twitch that the int/dsc/str came from the infusion. On reddit they are saying it is random, but hidden until it is infused - so I have watched the bit of the stream again....

Deej infuses an Int/Dsc into a Sterling treasure piece and gets a Int/Dsc helmet again, but the stat spread is slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Deej infuses an Int/Dsc into a Sterling treasure piece and gets a Int/Dsc helmet again, but the stat spread is slightly different.

Yup, he got a lower Int/Dis as far as I remember.

Looks like some form of warlock nerf is inbound with the update, and will be discussed tomorrow
    DeeJ

Looks like some form of warlock nerf is inbound with the update, and will be discussed tomorrow
    DeeJ

No Nerf. Just a proper jump mechanic. No more floaty floaty die die

Hopefully stormcaller is nerfed - its up time is just stupid.

Either the Sunsinger grenade or melee needs nerfing.

Hopefully stormcaller is nerfed - its up time is just stupid.

Never lasts too long when I use it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Didn't really like using the stormcaller this weekend. Does he have any decent grenades? Went back to the sunsinger in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So what are people's thoughts on viable weaponry post April update? Loe RoF, high impact autos seem to be the way to go? I have a crappy 294 Suros Regime in the Vault that I've never levelled as it was useless. They're extending the range on the focused fire aspect of it, is that right?

Also, are the nerfs to snipers enough to level the balance the playing fields somewhat against MLG players?

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    So what are people's thoughts on viable weaponry post April update? Loe RoF, high impact autos seem to be the way to go? I have a crappy 294 Suros Regime in the Vault that I've never levelled as it was useless. They're extending the range on the focused fire aspect of it, is that right?

Also, are the nerfs to snipers enough to level the balance the playing fields somewhat against MLG players?

I'm not sure if there is going to be a meta change per se - I think it is going to be that more weapons are usable.

I think the High impact pulses and autos are going to become usable in PvP again, having been nigh on useless for a while.

My initial impression is that in terms of primary weapons this weapon balance will balance the weapon usage and viability. But until we see the actual numbers and see how they play in the game we don't know.

Advertisement