Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny April Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My initial impression is that in terms of primary weapons this weapon balance will balance the weapon usage and viability. But until we see the actual numbers and see how they play in the game we don't know.

I have struggled more this year than in all my time in game with primary weapons in PvP. I haven't found any weapon I'm comfortable with. Like Chimp, the MIDA just didn't click for me. Pulses I settled on but time to kill and my accuracy meant I was assisting rather thank killing, and in one on one engagements, losing out. I'm hoping high impact autos can pull me out of this slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Curious as to whether they changed Eirene/Spindle scopes. If I can just change to Eirene with the same zoom as before it'll have made no difference, and a large proportion of players have a god roll from when it had LiTC (everything else about the roll was perfect regardless).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

PetKing wrote: »
    I have struggled more this year than in all my time in game with primary weapons in PvP. I haven't found any weapon I'm comfortable with. Like Chimp, the MIDA just didn't click for me. Pulses I settled on but time to kill and my accuracy meant I was assisting rather thank killing, and in one on one engagements, losing out. I'm hoping high impact autos can pull me out of this slump.

This is a problem a lot of people seem to be having, its actually very hard to be aggressive with your primary these days.
    I use Hawksaw now mainly, but the fact its a pulse rifle dictates that it's a mid/long range rifle and your mode of engagement should change. Practically speaking you shouldn't rush with a pulse rifle, you should stand off and pick someone off - but depending on how the map lays and engagement play out thats usually not feasable and you end up rushing with a pulse or scout, and in that frantic period, headshots are hard to achieve.
    This is usually made worse as more people are rocking snipers and as you rush an entrenched group, they're setup to pick you off but your not geared to rush them.

It's a complete change in play style and I'm still struggling to get my head around it.

For example, I do really well with a handcannon (not TLW) and sniper in Rumble, as it's almost always 1v1, however this is completly not feasable in Trials.

I'm hoping high impact autos can pull me out of this slump.

I've been using the high ROF Suros perk or Hackkons Hatchet recently and I like them.

One other thing I've found useful, try to set up your engagements as best possible to suit you. Don't engage with multiple targets. Try not to enter 50:50 situations. Look for an opportunity to put yourself ahead of your opponent.

I normally setup a kill with a snipe bodyshot (if I miss the headshot) then rush with Hawksaw or Suros.
    Or I get a hit with a grenade then engage, this puts your opponent under more pressure as they're hit. So they either defend themselves with 50% health, or run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Post patch, the only exotics left behind will be:

-Necrochasm
    -Thorn
    -Gjallerhorn
    -Ice Breaker
    -Vex Mythoclast
    -Pocket Infinity

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote:
    -Vex Mythoclast
    Now there's one... Anything to be said for the fusion buff on the mythoclast in crucible?

Generally "Fusion Rifle" buffs mean a Nerf to the Vex :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Generally "Fusion Rifle" buffs mean a Nerf to the Vex :pac:

With Fusions getting a stability increase across the board (so less projectile spread) it could translate to the Vex becoming a melter again - it was the recoil and inaccuracy that was killing it.

Also, I think Vex and Nechrochasm should be brought forward - they aren't game breaking like the others that have been left behind.

Main argument against would be burn damage I think - Bungie clearly don't want primary burn - with Zhalo being the only one and the go to weapon on Arc Burn nightfalls. if they brought Vex and Nechro (maybe not so much) we'd then have Solar and Void primaries - if I am remembering correctly that Nechro is a void weapon.

Nechro is Arc, but no reason it couldn't be changed to Void

• Advertisement

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/08/destiny-april-update-new-playstation-exclusive-gear-detailed/

Playstation exclusives detailed. The sniper looks like it could be fun. Usual fugly titan gauntlets. Why are the shoulders always so damned huge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/08/destiny-april-update-new-playstation-exclusive-gear-detailed/

Playstation exclusives detailed. The sniper looks like it could be fun. Usual fugly titan gauntlets. Why are the shoulders always so damned huge?

I think that sniper and titan armor looks excellent. Wonder if we'll ever get these and the hesperos titan armor on the Xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

What does in mean by "sublime engrams" when relating to how you get the armour ?

The sniper looks like it could be fun.

It's perks: "Dynamite" & "With a laser beam".... Guaranteed to blow your mind, anytiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeeee!! :D

Mcsirl wrote:
    What does in mean by "sublime engrams" when relating to how you get the armour ?

Sublime engrams decrypt to PlayStation exclusive armour pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Sublime engrams decrypt to PlayStation exclusive armour pieces.

So what do they look like (I'm on Xbox so will never see one)

Mcsirl wrote: »
    So what do they look like (I'm on Xbox so will never see one)

They just look like legendary engrams , just says you have found a sublime engram rather than a legendary one.

Review of Zen Meteor... Head 1:45 for details of how to obtain this weapon. I laughed out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I like the Titan armor. I've always thought the Titan class item should have been a shoulder guard not a tea towel.

Looking forward to this hitting tomorrow - some new content to enjoy and new weapons to play with. Will probably look to blast through the new story content on one of my chars tomorrow, then take my time on it with the other two. have a few factions close to pinging so hopefully a couple of nice drops on the way. Will be interesting to see what LL items I get from the Trials packages I have holding over from last weekend, and the numerous exotic engrams I have to hand in. Might get something new out of them (COME ON ZEN METEOR!)

Hoping I do actually manage to get on tomorrow night - past experience with destiny updates has me fearing a 10pm or Wendesday evening log on!

• Advertisement

Is it 6pm GMT?

Will be interesting to see what LL items I get from the Trials packages I have holding over from last weekend, and the numerous exotic engrams I have to hand in.

I logged in last night and cleaned out all my engrams and Trials packages... I knew I was saving them for something...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have 3 weekly Crucible bounties to hand in and 3 gold Trials packages. Hoping for something decent.

Was thinking Fusions could be coming back now, with the couple of buffs they are getting - and was then trying to think of how to counter them - potentially one shot at medium range. Obviously going to have to move around a lot so as not to be caught full on by it (obvious strat) but was then thinking wouldn't it be amazing if you could roll a sidearm with icarus and rangefinder. Can't be done, unfortunately.

Here's kind of what I was thinking of doing when the patch lands:
    • Do the "Blighted Chalice" Quest (or at least the initial 1st few steps to get to try the new Strike)
    • 1 Lvl41 PoE
    • 3 Lvl42 PoE
    • Do 1 Weekly Strike (just keep reloading in until we get the new Archon Priest)
    • Cheeky Raid Challenge Mode Maybe?
    • Turn in my Trials Packages and Finish pushing my Faction Ranks over the edge

That way you I try most of the new content (aside from the other quests that have you re-treading old ground) in one casual sitting and maximise my time getting good stuff too :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    Here's kind of what I was thinking of doing when the patch lands:
    • Do the "Blighted Chalice" Quest (or at least the initial 1st few steps to get to try the new Strike)
    • 1 Lvl41 PoE
    • 3 Lvl42 PoE
    • Do 1 Weekly Strike (just keep reloading in until we get the new Archon Priest)
    • Cheeky Raid Challenge Mode Maybe?
    • Turn in my Trials Packages and Finish pushing my Faction Ranks over the edge

That way you I try most of the new content (aside from the other quests that have you re-treading old ground) in one casual sitting and maximise my time getting good stuff too :)

What is the purpose of doing PoE41 - do you get sterling treasure from that? I know the LL of gear is 320 max from it.

I'd be on for running that stuff with you if I can get on in time - i'll be around all evening so it will simply depend on when the download decides to actually download "PREPARING TO DOWNLOAD.... for 7 hours...".

What is the purpose of doing PoE41 - do you get sterling treasure from that? I know the LL of gear is 320 max from it.

Yeah, and just for a laugh really, like it'll be what, 25 mins?

I mean I'll be on AFK'ing a smoke break for what? Like 15 of those minutes?
    I'd be on for running that stuff with you if I can get on in time - i'll be around all evening so it will simply depend on when the download decides to actually download "PREPARING TO DOWNLOAD.... for 7 hours...".

Yeah grand, I'll throw on the ole twitch stream and if I get on before you i'll just muck about in the "Weekly Crucible Activity" or something

Does KF HM go to 335 drops on the challenge mode now? Golgy for armour would handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Does KF HM go to 335 drops on the challenge mode now? Golgy for armour would handy.

No right away. They have said that a patch will be required for KF to drop 335. So, from tomorrow KF, with challenges, will drop 330 until the patch is released. Could be couple weeks.

• Advertisement

There has been no mention of this by bungie at all from what I have seen. KF drops up to 335, according to the latest information, but no mention of whether the challenge mode is continuing (or ending)

Advertisement