Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny April Update

Options

Comments

Ohhh, Bungie on their ****ing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If i decrypt exotics now will they possibly be higher light level

Yes.

Frontier
    Fixed an exploit where players could reach an unintended advantageous position
    Possibly stopping those pesky people on top of the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Possibly stopping those pesky people on top of the bridge.

How could they not think on top of the bridge was not advantageous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

There's a ghost on the way down to the Poe 41 chest

I get home to find that it hasn't downloaded, not so much that it is yet to complete, but that it lost connection to the sever.
    le sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I get home to find that it hasn't downloaded, not so much that it is yet to complete, but that it lost connection to the sever.
    le sigh

Did you leave the game open before you put the PS4 in rest mode? I find it won't download an update in rest mode if the application is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If i decrypt exotics now will they possibly be higher light level

Yes, my exotics are decrypting 3 or 4 about my current light, was at 325 and getting 328/329 exotics

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Just ran the new POE was grand. Ran it with two randoms and we blasted through, won't be touching the higher version until I up my light level.
    There was one or two dodgy moments involving taken Hobgoblins.
    Shnakey feckers.

Not needing a key to open the chest is nice, even though I've five on me.
    Just the story mission and strike to do now though I'll wait.

• Advertisement

Did you leave the game open before you put the PS4 in rest mode? I find it won't download an update in rest mode if the application is open.

Fairly sure I didn't, as I had only turned it on to put it into rest mode, I don't think I tried to start Destiny.
    Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is it only the new additions to PoE that drops current light level gear? I'm assuming Skolas et al would drop yr1 items still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is it only the new additions to PoE that drops current light level gear? I'm assuming Skolas et al would drop yr1 items still.

Yeah, aul Skoliosis remains at year1 levels

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Does poe only go to 42? It's awfully easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

AdamD wrote:

Agreed :( I hope other bosses or active modifiers will ramp up the difficulty in the weeks to come.

I have a bunch of questions but keep forgetting them... :/
    I have one (several) on the Elder's sigil from Variks. I can see it for sale through Vendors on the Destiny app. Can I check it's current progress anywhere?
    We reached 30k in one CoE last night for the high score part of it. Is reaching the 30k what triggers Variks to award weapons? Running 3 CoE's on 1 character would probably get the cumulative score to 90k mark, does something else drop at that point? Could I discard my sigil after 30k, buy it again, and hit 30k for another weapon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    I have a bunch of questions but keep forgetting them... :/
    I have one (several) on the Elder's sigil from Variks. I can see it for sale through Vendors on the Destiny app. Can I check it's current progress anywhere?
    We reached 30k in one CoE last night for the high score part of it. Is reaching the 30k what triggers Variks to award weapons? Running 3 CoE's on 1 character would probably get the cumulative score to 90k mark, does something else drop at that point? Could I discard my sigil after 30k, buy it again, and hit 30k for another weapon?

30k for weapon, 90k for armour. You can only have one sigil per week. Now, I'm not sure if that includes deleting and repurchasing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

AdamD wrote: »

Unbelievably easy, ran it with a 315 Titan, using a 318 Mida Multitool. I was able to 1 shot pretty much everything even the Hobgoblins...

Took us 25 mins to run, would have been faster but we were trying to build up our final score, so we did an extra few rounds of adds.

Took us 25 mins to run, would have been faster but we were trying to build up our final score, so we did an extra few rounds of adds.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it says, when we're stalling dps to the boss to prolong killing ads

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Unbelievably easy, ran it with a 315 Titan, using a 318 Mida Multitool. I was able to 1 shot pretty much everything even the Hobgoblins...

Same with myself, generic and dude - piece of piss. No fear of not getting it done. I think only a couple of a our 6 runs were under the 30k mark and that was when we didn't need to hit the highscore and were just burning through it.

It needs to be a bit harder, but it is also grand for just messing about in with a couple of mates.

For a 'Live Team' update it is a lot better than Festival of the Lost, SRL or Crimson days. It doesn't feel like refresh of Destiny like TTK was, it is just a new mode on top of stuff we already had (which they didn't make irrelevant this time)

• Advertisement

Damasta recommended NTTE which worked quite well with this week's modifier of precision kills, which are instantly refunded. Jade Rabbit was very effective also with small arms on the the second and particularly the final round for precision on the vandals coming in.

For a 'Live Team' update it is a lot better than Festival of the Lost, SRL or Crimson days. It doesn't feel like refresh of Destiny like TTK was, it is just a new mode on top of stuff we already had (which they didn't make irrelevant this time)

Completely agree. Just a small update but meatier than the usual. Did ye run Golgoroth last night? Is the hotfix active now? Was he dropping 335 gear?

How could they not think on top of the bridge was not advantageous.

I'm not sure its the bridge they're talking about - theres a cheese spot in one of the door frames, overlooking the bridge section - I assume thats the one they're talking about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Completely agree. Just a small update but meatier than the usual. Did ye run Golgoroth last night? Is the hotfix active now? Was he dropping 335 gear?

We ran Golg, no 335 drop. My highest drop from him was 325 :(

I got the New Titan Helmet and Arms and also the taken helmet and arms too :)

The POE auto Rifle is actually really good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The bridge was fine, you could only run across it, couldn't actually stand up there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PRO TIP: If your running the challenge of elders make sure you POP a 3ofC for each round as its 3 chances at an exotic for each run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will have to try get the raid done over the next few days - started it last night but got to 12 and I had to be up at 6 to go for a run (which was a fecking disaster in the end) so only got past the totems. Annoying.

So the Golg/Raid Challenge mode isn't dropping 335 level items now? Disappointing - far less of a reason to run the raid now.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    PRO TIP: If your running the challenge of elders make sure you POP a 3ofC for each round as its 3 chances at an exotic for each run :)

I don't think the rounds are long enough to pop a 3oC at each round. You should probably only pop one at round 1 and round 3...

Will have to try get the raid done over the next few days - started it last night but got to 12 and I had to be up at 6 to go for a run (which was a fecking disaster in the end) so only got past the totems. Annoying.

So the Golg/Raid Challenge mode isn't dropping 335 level items now? Disappointing - far less of a reason to run the raid now.

No its not dropping 335 gear yet but maybe a hotfix will sort it and they will have our 335 gear in the postmaster then.

• Advertisement

WI had to be up at 6 to go for a run (which was a fecking disaster in the end) so only got past the totems. Annoying.

Thats what happens when you're relying on those LFG groups for a raid run... :pac:

Advertisement