Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny April Update

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't think the rounds are long enough to pop a 3oC at each round. You should probably only pop one at round 1 and round 3...

Well I done one on each round last night and on my 3rd round got a 323 Truth :)

I would run one each round until one drops TBH but thats me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

AdamD wrote:
    The bridge was fine, you could only run across it, couldn't actually stand up there.

On Twitch streams from Trials, a lot of hunters could treble jump on/off/ on the bridge and stay up there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    On Twitch streams from Trials, a lot of hunters could treble jump on/off/ on the bridge and stay up there.

Yeah but if a hammer hits them in the face while they are up there do they still cry like babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah but if a hammer hits them in the face while they are up there do they still cry like babies?

Yep, I laughed out loud in work and some strange looks thrown at me.

Yep, I laughed out loud in work and some strange looks thrown at me.

Throw hammer back at them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No its not dropping 335 gear yet but maybe a hotfix will sort it and they will have our 335 gear in the postmaster then.

Challenge aside I saw a 334 ghost drop at totems chest on a stream.

I did look at Datto's stream last night but I don't know what LL the drops were as his inventory was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Challenge aside I saw a 334 drop at totems chest on a stream.

I did look at Datto's stream last night but I don't know what LL the drops were as his inventory was full.

I don't trust Datto anymore - who does he think he is blatantly stealing JCD's ideas!

nevelator wrote:
    I don't trust Datto anymore - who does he think he is blatantly stealing JCD's ideas!

What's his idea?

What's his idea?

Golg Challenge with no HUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Just got a 329 Arminius D from the gunsmith for ranking him up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

With the Bungie site down and DIM not working my gear is all over the shop from last night.

Opened 3 ToO gold packages and got 324 scout, 322 gloves & 326 class armour. I also had 1 shax weekly but can't remember what dropped, nothing special obviously.

From playing last night the highest drops I've had are 329 and I've had quite a few, it's going to be easy to hit 330 and still have plenty of infusion fuel available.
    Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just got a 329 Arminius D from the gunsmith for ranking him up :)

Nice, I've got 3 to tip over the edge later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

We ran Golg, no 335 drop. My highest drop from him was 325 :(

I got the New Titan Helmet and Arms and also the taken helmet and arms too :)

The POE auto Rifle is actually really good :)

yeah the guarantee'd stuff seems to be gone. I got stuff 3 or 4 LL above my current running. Was 325 going in and came out 327. Got 2 x 329 artifacts, 2 x 329 chests, 330 gloves and a 328 boots!! Deffo seems to be more stuff dropping.

syboit wrote: »
    yeah the guarantee'd stuff seems to be gone. I got stuff 3 or 4 LL above my current running. Was 325 going in and came out 327. Got 2 x 329 artifacts, 2 x 329 chests, 330 gloves and a 328 boots!! Deffo seems to be more stuff dropping.

Theres supposed to be a hot fix for the "Guaranteed Stuff" from what I read last night.

Tonight I am going to run POE with my 2 Alts and see what drops for them :)

Theres supposed to be a hot fix for the "Guaranteed Stuff" from what I read last night.

Tonight I am going to run POE with my 2 Alts and see what drops for them :)

Is that different to the tweet from cosmo yesterday saying that they got the 335 into the raid and there was no need for the hotfix ?

I think I prefer it this way where your getting stuff slightly higher than what you have. But surely it can't continue, wonder when it gets to 330+ will it start to slow down.

Could I discard my sigil after 30k, buy it again, and hit 30k for another weapon?

Reddit says no.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4ekmyk/dont_dismantle_your_elder_sigil_if_you_want_to/

Edit: Seems some people are disagreeing with the poster though. At least one said that he could pick it up again, but his score did not reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Reddit link

"Just going to put this out there because I saw my friend mess up and don't want anyone to do the same mistake.

You have a Hawkmoon 325 light, a Doctrine 316 and a Her Memory 330. You want the Hawkmoon to be 330. Here is what to do step by step:

Step 1: Infuse Hawkmoon into Doctrine so now its 325

Step 2: Buy New Hawkmoon

Step 3: Infuse Her Memory into Hawkmoon so it's now 330

Results: 325 Doctine and a 330 Hawkmoon instead of a 330 Hawkmoon and 316 Doctrine through old methods. This way you end up with a 330 Hawkmoon like intended but also get to bring up the light level of another gun."

Takes time and costs but the theory is good, personally I don't believe we'll be struggling for infusion items.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Another thing this April Update has done is free up a lot of legendary marks - I had kept a load of 310~315 items of different types - so that if I got a 280 item (for example) that I wanted to bring up, and had items I could use to do it in efficient steps. With 1:1, there is ZERO need to keep any of them. Will be going on a deletion spree soon enough, and farm the marks out of that.

Spent well over 300 marks yesterday (two weapons and some infusions) and I still have about 120 marks today (had 100 legendary marks in trials bounties). Still have a load of stuff to sell/delete.

Another thing this April Update has done is free up a lot of legendary marks - I had kept a load of 310~315 items of different types - so that if I got a 280 item (for example) that I wanted to bring up, and had items I could use to do it in efficient steps. With 1:1, there is ZERO need to keep any of them. Will be going on a deletion spree soon enough, and farm the marks out of that.

Spent well over 300 marks yesterday (two weapons and some infusions) and I still have about 120 marks today (had 100 legendary marks in trials bounties). Still have a load of stuff to sell/delete.

Yeah, same here had almost a page of helmets from SRL, 311-314, all now completely redundant, but like you said seemed to go through a ton of marks yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Good idea, if you're updating an exotic weapon - buy one from the Kiosk. Then use the original high light level exotic weapon to bring up the light level of another weapon.

interesting, you can still replay the challenge of elders to get some extra post game drops,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4elnvx/farm_challenge_of_elders_for_335_ghostclass/

• Advertisement

True Vanguards opinion on the April update:
    Nothing Manacles are back in action! (Nevelator will be happy about that)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just on the PvE side of things the update has been good.

Granted the content is a bit light. But I like how the QoL changes mean we have Options

We've not had these many options to rank up before.
    There's a whole bunch of stuff that can get you to 330.
    Raid, PoE 42, Weekly Crucible, Strike Drops, CoO, ToO, Nightfalls, IB etc

Then the 335 stuff is kept for a few activities but given it's only 5 light (as opposed to 10 between 310 and 320) it's not a game breaker

It's a very positive change for players who like to play Strikes too.

The QoL and Options given to hit Max Light are really good for a free update.

The content itself (on 1 character) is only about 2.5 hours long.
    Not terrible in of it's self given people found The Dark Below expansion only a bit longer than that and given I've paid companies far more for less (cough cough Harleys Revenge cough cough)

I haven't really looked at the Gun/Subclass/PvP changes in great detail yet but it's not really effected me.

Only thing I've really felt was missing about 25% of my Special and Heavy in the Raid, but it's manageable, since I'm using JR for everything I don't run out of ammo really

The cosmetics and chroma stuff etc is cool and fun and free and it's just nice to have it there.

The reputation boost stuff is awesome also.

I agree on all of that. Being honest, I launched into the game yesterday and stared at my 3 characters, I'm a bit of a headless chicken and felt overwhelmed with the options and didn't know where to start, a testament to all of the varieties of game mode I can choose that are worthwhile again.

I agree on all of that. Being honest, I launched into the game yesterday and stared at my 3 characters, I'm a bit of a headless chicken and felt overwhelmed with the options and didn't know where to start, a testament to all of the varieties of game mode I can choose that are worthwhile again.

Yeah, same here.

I was like this:
    "Oh I still have some PvP games to get my weekly bounty, oh and then after that I can turn in my Gold package. Oh there's still marks and cosmetic package for Mayhem. Did I do the Golg CP on this character?"

Literraly like a kid in a candy store.

Went for my Clash/Skirmish/Control wins.

I actually raged at a Blue guy (who was actually STILL in his Bladedancer Super) who picked up the Heavy when there were no enemies around and 3 of us only like 5 meters away.
    I just straight up Rage quit (that being said my team was rubbish, as in one guy had 50 points 5 minutes into the match and I was carrying the other 5, I was just like "Eff This")

There was no reason he couldn't have waited 1.5 seconds.
    So salty

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Just on the PvE side of things the update has been good.

Granted the content is a bit light. But I like how the QoL changes mean we have Options

We've not had these many options to rank up before.
    There's a whole bunch of stuff that can get you to 330.
    Raid, PoE 42, Weekly Crucible, Strike Drops, CoO, ToO, Nightfalls, IB etc

Then the 335 stuff is kept for a few activities but given it's only 5 light (as opposed to 10 between 310 and 320) it's not a game breaker

It's a very positive change for players who like to play Strikes too.

The QoL and Options given to hit Max Light are really good for a free update.

The content itself (on 1 character) is only about 2.5 hours long.
    Not terrible in of it's self given people found The Dark Below expansion only a bit longer than that and given I've paid companies far more for less (cough cough Harleys Revenge cough cough)

I haven't really looked at the Gun/Subclass/PvP changes in great detail yet but it's not really effected me.

Only thing I've really felt was missing about 25% of my Special and Heavy in the Raid, but it's manageable, since I'm using JR for everything I don't run out of ammo really

The cosmetics and chroma stuff etc is cool and fun and free and it's just nice to have it there.

Agreed. For what it is, it is a very good update. It might be a little light, and probably not enough to pull lost Guardians back in for more than a couple of hours in total - but for people who still play the game a lot and it a welcome refreshment of the content.

The new light level and new weapons have made the loot rewards a bit more interesting - I had mostly what I wanted in the game so i didn't need any drops. Now I am interested again in the weapon, the perks it drops at and the light level.

It was a free update and considering the previous updates we can compare it to (from the Live Team) are crimson days, festival of the lost and SRL, I think we can say this update is lightyears ahead of those.

Also, it has provided the best moment in destiny so far:

"What happen to 'kill them back, yyyyyyeeeeeesssssss'".

Agreed. For what it is, it is a very good update. It might be a little light,

27.png

What does QoL stand for?

I agree with you, it's great to have more options available to level up - it's a shame they didn't add these changes in earlier. I do think a lot of the changes, such as Trials / IB giving max light level gear, was deliberately held back in order to keep people grinding.

Realistically speaking I don't see myself hitting 335 on any character, as I feel I've grinded myself out.

The PvP changes do impact how I play the game also, so I need to figure out how that will affect me. I was just getting good with a sniper - are snipers still good etc..?

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be hitting up Trials, the odd raid, and PoE, but after playing KF consistently for the last few months - I don't have as much enthusiasm to raid on every character each week.

But the changes have breathed a bit of life into Destiny again, which is always very welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

QoL = Quality of Life

Also, how does the rep boost work? I'm toying with the idea of power levelling a faction.

• Advertisement

QoL is basically everything that isn't content.

How you level up, how you get REP, what you can trade for what, how you can infuse, what the vendors can offer/do/sell/swap, how the drops work etc.

It's almost anything that "Changes" the game but isn't a New Mission/Strike/Quest/Raid

Advertisement