Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speeds in Waterfall, Cork?

Options
  • 24-03-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, 

Can you please advise what speed broadband is available for a house in Heatherfield, Waterfall, Co. Cork?
    Cabinet WAF1_001 is supposedly live according to fibrerollout.ie, however I would like to know what kind of speed this cabinet provides and what speed could a house in Heatherfield expect to achieve? Heatherfield is c. 100 metres from this cabinet.

Thanks in advance,
    Muckyba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

muckyba wrote: »
    Hi, 

Can you please advise what speed broadband is available for a house in Heatherfield, Waterfall, Co. Cork?
    Cabinet WAF1_001 is supposedly live according to fibrerollout.ie, however I would like to know what kind of speed this cabinet provides and what speed could a house in Heatherfield expect to achieve? Heatherfield is c. 100 metres from this cabinet.

Thanks in advance,
    Muckyba
    Hi  muckyba,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid each line is individual and we would be unable to give you an accurate speed that your home is capable of without testing the line?Is there a line active in the home?

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 45 muckyba

The house does not have an active line at present, however I would like to know what speeds are possible from this cabinet? House is unoccupied at present and I am considering buying same. On the where and when part of the website it say that 70 premises in this exchange can now access up to 70Mb/s fibre broadband. Do premises in Heatherfield constitute part of these 70? What about houses in Earls Well, which is right beside Heatherfield?Just to get an rough idea.

Thanks,

Muckyba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

muckyba wrote: »
    The house does not have an active line at present, however I would like to know what speeds are possible from this cabinet? House is unoccupied at present and I am considering buying same. On the where and when part of the website it say that 70 premises in this exchange can now access up to 70Mb/s fibre broadband. Do premises in Heatherfield constitute part of these 70? What about houses in Earls Well, which is right beside Heatherfield?Just to get an rough idea.

Thanks,

Muckyba
    You can check your possible speeds here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/ muckyba [/b][/i][/color]however they will be an estimate for the area as there is no line available to check.

Pamela 

Advertisement