Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WP ecomm Payment Gateways

Options
  • 24-03-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Looking for a bit of advice on this. Im currently setting up a standard shop site. Very familiar with WP but its the first time i've gone about this.

I know paypal will be handy enough to sort, but Im looking to sort a payment gateway for credit cards too.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Which one should I go for, as I know some don't work in Ireland? Anyone have any experience of these?

And the obvious question, what will the associated cost be?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Stripe, very easy to set up and manage. Around the same fees as PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

You want a mix of payment types. Paypal will allow people to use their paypal accounts as well as take cards, but it's expensive. If you go with a payment gateway like realex it has an initial setup cost and is more expensive if you do less than 30 transactions a month or something like that, but anything over that and it becomes dramatically cheaper. All depends on volumes.

Braintree, from the fine people who brought you PayPal, currently offer 0 fees in first 50k of transactions. Will require paid plugin, ssl cert. Unless you're confident you'll be doing volume, test the waters with paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Xenoshane

Cheers all! Stripe seems a good option and similar to paypal.. might give it a whirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Stripe is very easy to setup but if there is anything iffy on your account which can be no fault or your own they can close your account - not sure how many days they take these days to transfer over payment it used to be 7 but presume its come down.

Talk to whoever you bank with as well AIB & BOi have their own and funds are next day into the account, wordpay and Elavon would also be worth checking out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement