Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

AM11 wrote: »
    Interview over and done with but now for another long wait :(

How do you feel you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

It's so hard to tell. Initially I walked out confident but then I started thinking Did I answer the questions at all or did I just waffle!? Did I cover the competencies as well as I could have etc. I'll be stressing now until I get the results. There was a no show this morning so I went in early too which kinda threw me off a bit. I just hope I did enough. How about you?

It's so hard to tell. Initially I walked out confident but then I started thinking Did I answer the questions at all or did I just waffle!? Did I cover the competencies as well as I could have etc. I'll be stressing now until I get the results. There was a no show this morning so I went in early too which kinda threw me off a bit. I just hope I did enough. How about you?

It looks good that you were prepared, and arrived early, and you could go in early.

Did you get to answer the competancies that you prepared?

If you walked out confident then that's a good sign. Hopefully the results are next week

I asked how long it might take for results and they said 2-2.5 weeks hopefully.

I prepared examples of the competencies for previous jobs etc but they asked for examples for specific ones they I hadnt prepared. That's why I'm worried that I waffled for some answers. Ah well, I can't do anything about it now. Just need to keep preparing for the next stages IF I get there..! How are you feeling about the medical and physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Is there much to fill out on form b? I had to fill form a out this morning wit my boss few steps away from me🙈 wouldn't open on the laptop I had so wanna b prepared for form b as I be doing it in work again.

I prepared examples of the competencies for previous jobs etc but they asked for examples for specific ones they I hadnt prepared. That's why I'm worried that I waffled for some answers. Ah well, I can't do anything about it now. Just need to keep preparing for the next stages IF I get there..! How are you feeling about the medical and physical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Gcc

havnt got the form yet but want to get ahead myself
    For the relations details, if married do you need to get all your husband/wife uncles, aunts and cousins details also?
    thanks in advance

Gcc wrote: »
    For the relations details, if married do you need to get all your husband/wife uncles, aunts and cousins details also?
    thanks in advance

Spouses parents, grandparents, sisters and brothers, half sisters or brothers and aunts and uncles.

thanks AM11
    I better get started now so, he has round 12 aunt/uncles on each side :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Boscorelli

The wait is torture already. Was in yesterday. Found the board to be fair and accommodating. Answered everything. Nothing too tricky. Best of luck to all.

Good luck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

thanks in advance

You have to get partners Mam/Dad/Aunts/Uncles (their spouses) and grandparents.

Didn't need to get cousins.

The medical is out of our hands. The fitness will be difficult if we are not prepared. I did the bleep test, and first time I got to level 6. The second time I got to level 8.1. The push ups and sit ups just need practice.

Are you using an app foe the bleep test? I'm worried about the bleep test and situps but just need to keep pushing.

Are you using an app foe the bleep test? I'm worried about the bleep test and situps but just need to keep pushing.

Yeah I got one on the app stone. It's really good.

Practice makes perfect. You will fly through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Hey, just wondering what number of people have gone on to stage 3? The fiance got a ranking of 1209 in stage 2 and i'm curious as to what the wait time is for stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Xios wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering what number of people have gone on to stage 3? The fiance got a ranking of 1209 in stage 2 and i'm curious as to what the wait time is for stage 3.

On Monday my brother got an interview date for the start of July and he's early 700s so that's roughly where they're at now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Anyone know how many they interview in a day ?

D Trent wrote: »
    Anyone know how many they interview in a day ?

There's usually a few panels on so they can get through a few people per hour I think they get through about 150-200 per week but really haven't a clue on exact numbers, like 6 per hour and 7 hours in a day is 42 per day by 5 days a week would make 200 feasible but then again it's whether pas have the resources to do that many panels...

Oh and with summer looming things will get slower cause staff on holidays etc too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Oh and with summer looming things will get slower cause staff on holidays etc too...

Nah, we had summer last week, next summer is booked in for the second week of may 2017, i checked.

• Advertisement

Xios wrote: »
    Nah, we had summer last week, next summer is booked in for the second week of may 2017, i checked.

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

Did anybody else get an updated form b to fill out?

Yeah I got that aswell. I forgot to put my partners details down (haha she wasn't happy) and the girl at the interview asked me to email them in which I did but then got a form b to fill out which was the exact same. I just filled her in on my original one and sent it again? I thought I had to resend because of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Delly123

Just wondering for those that have sat interviews well done to ye but for yer interview form did ye put down a long list of hobbies and interest etc and did ye have a lot of voluntary work/community work I'm only young so I don't have much will this affect me? Thanks

Just a question ppl. Email said forms to be sent in the next few weeks.
    Do you get your interview date when u get this form to fill? Or later
    Thanks n advance

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Just a question ppl. Email said forms to be sent in the next few weeks.
    Do you get your interview date when u get this form to fill? Or later
    Thanks n advance

You will get your application form first.

You'll have approx a week to send that back to public jobs.

Then a few days after that, they will send you your interview date, and your Form B (Background Form).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

On Monday my brother got an interview date for the start of July and he's early 700s so that's roughly where they're at now..

Really? Very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Cannot get interview form to open. Have tried on windows 19 PC,Mac and android phone. Downloaded up to date adobe acrobat,still just shows me the page saying wait for form to download.
    Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Cannot get interview form to open. Have tried on windows 19 PC,Mac and android phone. Downloaded up to date adobe acrobat,still just shows me the page saying wait for form to download.
    Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Check your download folder. It should be there. Then open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Anyone have any advice?

Open adobe, click file - open - and then click on the form.

Should open that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

If they are to have everyone complete stage 2 by August, do you think they will have all the interview complete by the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CW95

Well lads,
    Filling out my interview form, on the qualifications part did people put down their specific leaving cert results?
    Also I'm mid way through my college degree (3 out of 4 years done), what should I put down for 'Subject(s) taken in final examination' and 'Grade obtained (e.g. 1, 2.1, 2.2,Pass, etc)'.
    Thanks appreciate any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laffs_a_lot

i-ron wrote: »
    Yeah I got that aswell. I forgot to put my partners details down (haha she wasn't happy) and the girl at the interview asked me to email them in which I did but then got a form b to fill out which was the exact same. I just filled her in on my original one and sent it again? I thought I had to resend because of that?

I rang PAS, they made an error on the form so sent it to some people again. There was only a few slight changes in the form. Pain filling it out again though.

I rang PAS, they made an error on the form so sent it to some people again. There was only a few slight changes in the form. Pain filling it out again though.

Do you know what the changes were as I just sent the original again with the bits I missed. I read through it and compared it with the original and they seem identical

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Do you know what the changes were as I just sent the original again with the bits I missed. I read through it and compared it with the original and they seem identical

Only diffetences I noticed were the family part where you had to specify paternal or maternal for aunts and uncles. Other than that I think it was all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dalenka

CW95 just write ongoing or not applicable for studies you are doing now. As for leaving cert you can put the grades I think, no harm in that, you still have to give them diploma to prove it ;)

dalenka wrote: »
    CW95 just write ongoing or not applicable for studies you are doing now. As for leaving cert you can put the grades I think, no harm in that, you still have to give them diploma to prove it ;)

Did you do your interview yet dalenka?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

I received my interview form about 10 days ago and a few days later i received familerisation material for interview, should my date of been with my familerisation material email? Or will i get the date sent out in a seperate email again?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Doyle06 wrote: »
    I received my interview form about 10 days ago and a few days later i received familerisation material for interview, should my date of been with my familerisation material email? Or will i get the date sent out in a seperate email again?

I got my Interview form 6 days ago which said "interview on July" and the familiarization material 3 days ago. No actual date of interview as of yet so I assume it'll come in another Email?

I got my Interview form 6 days ago which said "interview on July" and the familiarization material 3 days ago. No actual date of interview as of yet so I assume it'll come in another Email?

Yea thats same as me, this week hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Fingers, toes, Legs and eyes crossed!!

Have you any idea when we'd be heading down if (when) we're successful? September maybe?

No idea but id persume it could be next year at earliest, wel probably sit on a panel after all this? Not 100% though.

Only diffetences I noticed were the family part where you had to specify paternal or maternal for aunts and uncles. Other than that I think it was all the same

Cool. I put down paternal/maternal for aunts and uncles anyway so I should be OK. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Cool. I put down paternal/maternal for aunts and uncles anyway so I should be OK. Thanks.

Just have a re-read through it incase. Yeno how they can be with paperwork.

Who has there interviews this week?

I have mine done since last week, and I'm so impatient for results already!

Me too. It'll be at least the end of the month before we hear back I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Me too. It'll be at least the end of the month before we hear back I'd say.

I had mine back in March on a Tuesday and I knew by the Friday. So you never really know how long the wait time is!

That's just what I was told at my interview. They said they had another week and a half to get through interviews and we'd know in 2 to 2.5 weeks. Trying not to think about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

I did 2 years in college and then dropped out .. now it says to put down "whether completed or not" .. do I put in my subjects I did in my final year (which was 2nd year) or what do I do ? Any advice greatly appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gardagirl2015

i got my results of stage 2 last Wednesday, has anyone got date for interview yet who passed last week

• Advertisement
Advertisement