Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Carey9 wrote: »
    Any idea what their acceptable bmi range is? I'm fairly muscular so have a high bmi without actually being to fat.

Wouldn't be 100% on it, if memory serves me correct from Reserves you get details before it, I think they allow a certain amount for muscle. Someone on here could confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

600 a year. not 600 total I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

AM11 wrote: »
    600 a year. not 600 total I believe

Hit the nail on the head there pal. They wouldnt be giving out OOMs in excess of 600 if thats all they were taking in in total. Im just under the 200 mark and start in September. People upto 300 or so have recieved offers from what I hear. Depending on vetting and so on i'd say that anyone upto 700-800 should be called up by the next 2 intakes.

Recruitment campaigns seem to last 2years or so, so anyone with an OOM of less than 2000ish could be called before the end of this campaign maybe higher with accelerated recruitment

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hkejfjim

Passed my interview today in the late 500s hoping I'll get called in for the November ones, heard that the one after is next April. Thanks for all the help and advice guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mike92

Passed my interview today, absolutely delighted :) got an OOM in the 770's. When is the likelihood I'll be starting? April seems soo far away :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Got my date there. I thought form B was coming by post lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hkejfjim

When we got form B signed on the day of the interview did the person from garda hq keep that? Can't remember with all the comotion on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Great to finally get a date to works towards! Best of luck to you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brookbrook

Sweet baby Jesus I passed there is a god!
    So when's the fitness lads I have to get a PT I'm gonna badly fail that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

In terms of interview - will a matching waistcoat and jacket paired with chinos cut it or should I invest in a proper suit???

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brookbrook

In terms of interview - will a matching waistcoat and jacket paired with chinos cut it or should I invest in a proper suit???

Suit it up every one was in their finest even a pair of slacks

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Suit up Dingle.

You'll need a suit for Templemore anyway so you should invest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 psy2016

Hi Everyone, New on to this. Received my interview invite, Form B & Date. It mentions nothing about competencies. Are they normally included? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shannonmc389

so I just got my interview date :) so excited but I feel so unprepared.
    has anyone got any examples of questions they may ask?
    what will I wear? (I'm a girl)
    how long will It take? and is it just one interview? like will there be any extra things like a presentation or anything like that?
    any help is much apprecited

Really? What we need the suits for in templemore - we will be geared with uniform ?
    How many suits are we going to need?

• Advertisement

AudiKid wrote: »
    Suit up Dingle.

You'll need a suit for Templemore anyway so you should invest...

Really? What we need the suits for in templemore - we will be geared with uniform ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Had my interview last Wednesday nd Got my interview results 2day passed tank god..was in the high 900's b4 dis stage dropped down to mid 500's 2day..it seems to b a quick process now

Well traditionally people arrive wearing suits, and they have to wear them for a while until they get their uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bear22

Passed interview today absolutely delighted, thanks to everyone on boards for all the advice.

Jumped to mid 500's on the OOM, is November a real possibility?

Bear22 wrote: »
    Passed interview today absolutely delighted, thanks to everyone on boards for all the advice.

Jumped to mid 500's on the OOM, is November a real possibility?

November is definately a possibility for you. Pending vetting and so on. Most people upto 300's have been called up. Even with defering and other factors id be planing for November if I was you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

TallGlass wrote: »
    Thanks, really stressing over this Irish exam, have a bit of an idea what could be on it, dunno when it is, be like a H bomb been dropped when I get the notice. But doing grinds a few weeks now so making progress just hoping I am studying the correct areas.
    What's the story with the Irish exam? Is it if you don't have it in the leaving cert??

Got my interview date for mid September, now to start filling out Form B.....quite a bit in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gardizz1234

Off topic here but will there be a another recruitment drive in a year or two? I got my interview date for mid September and all that but I'm starting college start of this month too and would not mind to stick a year of college or two and get more voluntary work done etc..I'm only 18 atm and wouldn't mind going for it again in a year or two

What's the story with the Irish exam? Is it if you don't have it in the leaving cert??

Just if you don't have the langauge part of the requirement. I have English but no Irish as I done foundation.

Off topic here but will there be a another recruitment drive in a year or two? I got my interview date for mid September and all that but I'm starting college start of this month too and would not mind to stick a year of college or two and get more voluntary work done etc..I'm only 18 atm and wouldn't mind going for it again in a year or two

You'd never know to be honest. The Garda Trainee is technically a college course !

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smurph141

TallGlass wrote: »
    Got my results today. I passed ! Kinda high in order of merit around 700 is that high or low?

Really have to knuckle down for the Irish examination and fitness test.

Anyone else get there results? Best of luck to all.
    Got my results today and passed also! Where did u get information about the Irish test?? I'll be doing it aswel but I don't know anything about the test and have looked online! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

psy2016 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, New on to this. Received my interview invite, Form B & Date. It mentions nothing about competencies. Are they normally included? Thanks.

Hi, no you don't have to fill out competencies, will be asked on day...best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

VW73 wrote: »

Hi, no you don't have to fill out competencies, will be asked on day...best of luck

Does everyone get asked the same competencies?

VW73 wrote: »

Does everyone get asked the same competencies?

Ya, everyone asked the same competencies...def worth teading through this tread loads of advice

Form B - Girlfriends family need to be filled in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

If you live together is what I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Familiarisation material is available now for us on the Public Jobs inbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 George993

Wondered the same myself - didn't enter anything about the girlfriend on the form B and didn't mention her in the interview as there was no need to.

George993 wrote: »
    Wondered the same myself - didn't enter anything about the girlfriend on the form B and didn't mention her in the interview as there was no need to.

Cool, do u live with her?? It doesnt state anything on the form about this situation.

df14 wrote: »
    If you live together is what I was told

is this confirmed by other members?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 George993

Cool, do u live with her?? It doesnt state anything on the form about this situation.

I don't live with her, myself and yourself may differ there. The way I see it is that if she's your girlfriend, that relationship isn't on record anywhere.

You might live together, but you're not asked for the family history of any of your roommates/housemates.

Are we to fill out uncles and aunts who were born, and are living in Northern Ireland, or are resident outside of the country??

Are we to fill out uncles and aunts who were born, and are living in Northern Ireland, or are resident outside of the country??

All of your blood aunts and uncles whether the live abroad or are resident in the Republic. So for example you'd put down your mother and fathers brothers and sisters but not their spouses

Has anyone has to reschedule an interview? And was it brought up when u were eventually interviewed?

• Advertisement

Has anyone has to reschedule an interview? And was it brought up when u were eventually interviewed?

I doubt the interview panel would know if you had rescheduled the interview, and I doubt they would even ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

What OOM are they interviewing at the moment?

I'm 1400+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I'm 1400+

Have you been called for interview?

Yup I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Yup I have

Wow thats quick from 2016. Im 1600s in OOM myself was expecting much later.

• Advertisement

Are you guys getting references typed out from your referees for Form B? Or are you just putting down their contact details? Sorry for the stupid questions, want to make sure I have everything right....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

Are you guys getting references typed out from your referees for Form B? Or are you just putting down their contact details? Sorry for the stupid questions, want to make sure I have everything right....

I'm just putting down contact details. But I'm not 100% sure

Just put down contact details for references as Garda HQ/ Sergeant contact them

Anyone from a pub background , give me some help with competencies ? Please PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Just for future reference.
    Do you receive a list of the competencies that you will be asked to demonstrate in interview, if so how many are you asked to prepare and how many are discussed during interview?

• Advertisement
Advertisement