Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Just for future reference.
    Do you receive a list of the competencies that you will be asked to demonstrate in interview, if so how many are you asked to prepare and how many are discussed during interview?

Once you get notified of your interview date and time through public jobs, they will send you framilerisation material within a few days. You will have 5 competencies to prepare for . best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

JustCaff wrote: »
    Once you get notified of your interview date and time through public jobs, they will send you framilerisation material within a few days. You will have 5 competencies to prepare for . best of luck :)

Does everyone receive the same 5 competencies?

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Does everyone receive the same 5 competencies?

As far as I'm aware :) they might have them changed slightly by the time you get your date so don't hold me to that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Thank's for the reply!
    Could you PM me this years competencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brookbrook

How long is the wait for the fittness ? I found out I passed my interview last week, tia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Guys. I have been wondering, our oom, is this oom from 0 or from what is remaining to go into the next stage?

IE, for the guys just interview including myself, did the oom start from 0 or from around 250/300?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

brookbrook wrote: »
    How long is the wait for the fittness ? I found out I passed my interview last week, tia

You have to do your medical first!

It varies. Mine was 2/3 weeks apart

AudiKidd wrote: »
    You have to do your medical first!

It varies. Mine was 2/3 weeks apart

2/3 weeks after the interview results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lads I did a year and half of college. My worry is would they ask for a competency specifically from college or would I be safe enough knowing just work ones ?

brookbrook wrote: »
    2/3 weeks after the interview results?

I got my interview results at the end of June.

Medical at the middle of July.

Fitness test the start of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

Hey Guys,
    for the competency "motivation to be a garda"

During the interview do they ask for an example of this or is this just a question and answers section.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Garda89

Hi FletcherBelle, they ask you for an example of why you are motivated in becoming a Garda. I for example used the example of working in a solicitor's office as my reason

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Done my stage 2 on Aug 4th. Has anyone heard anything back yet about progressing to stage 3???

Hey Guys,

During the interview do they ask for an example of this or is this just a question and answers section.

Thank you

They just asked me loads of questions about the Gards, what I knew about the organisation, training, ranks etc.

I wasn't asked about any example but every interview is different I suppose.

I would recommend doing a interview course because they really help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Hey Guys,

Thank you

For me I was asked a few questions on this alone, so I gave them competency then the Supt asked me if I'd applied for Garda reserve I said no, she asked me why not I said because the voluntary work I was already doing was enjoyable and joining the GR would mean I'd have to give that up, Supt was happy with that reply.
    Then another of the panel asked me had I applied for CAO courses after leaving cert I said yes they then asked what areas, I told them, but finished off by saying Gardai was now my ultimate goal and priority etc they then seemed happy with my Motivation to be Garda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Anyone not have much volunteering experience and if so were they asked why?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Hi guys been watching this thread for a while, first time posting on it. Was wondering about references on Form B, where it asks for addresses would work addresses suffice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

innovate27 wrote: »
    Hi guys been watching this thread for a while, first time posting on it. Was wondering about references on Form B, where it asks for addresses would work addresses suffice?

You need to supply their personal addresses and contact info, apart from your college reference. A personal contact number will suffice.

Hope that helps

Had mine this morning. Happy enough but really hard to tell how I did overall

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Had mine this morning. Happy enough but really hard to tell how I did overall

I have mine tomorrow morning Soby. I'm sure you did fine, stick to your gut instinct :) did they mention when we might expect results?

I have mine tomorrow morning Soby. I'm sure you did fine, stick to your gut instinct :) did they mention when we might expect results?

Thanks man. No I didn't ask Haha. Never thought of it . People recently seem to be saying 2-3

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    You need to supply their personal addresses and contact info, apart from your college reference. A personal contact number will suffice.

Hope that helps

I don't know who to put down for college/school reference. Haven't been in one for 13 years.....I doubt any one would remember me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

I don't know who to put down for college/school reference. Haven't been in one for 13 years.....I doubt any one would remember me.[/QU

You should get in contact with the school/college and let them know you're a past student. I'm sure they will help you out once you explain you need an academic reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Just got the invite to stage 3 today. Over the moon. Been there before and basically choked on the day with nerves. Hopefully go one better this time.
    Any tips on what might be asked is welcomed as I'm sure it is different to when I done stage 3 about 6/7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Got the nod for Stage 3 last night. :) bring on the interview!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Hi All,

Got my results for stage 2 yesterday and scheduled for an interview next month,just wondering about the form B?The only form i have in the link is the application one with your job history and education history?

I don't seem to have a form b?Does this get sent later or am i missing something?

Cheers

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Got my results for stage 2 yesterday and scheduled for an interview next month,just wondering about the form B?The only form i have in the link is the application one with your job history and education history?

I don't seem to have a form b?Does this get sent later or am i missing something?

Cheers
    Form B will be issued once you have been given an actual date for the interview. Just work on filling out your Application Form for the time being.

Two weeks to the hour mine arrived ðŸ˜

Who's going to Templemore on the 21st? Iv a free seat in the car for anyone who doesn't drive from Dublin or Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Just filled out my application for the interview stage,do you get anything back to know has it been received ok?

Had to download some Adobe software for it to open and not sure did it send ok as a PDF?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Just filled out my application for the interview stage,do you get anything back to know has it been received ok?

Had to download some Adobe software for it to open and not sure did it send ok as a PDF?

Cheers

Yeah they email you to confirm they have received it

If anybody needs any help or advice on the interview don't be afraid to message me.

I've done the interview twice, and passed it back in June.

It's difficult, but with lots of hard work and studying you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Hey guys so I've got my interview late next week and I'm getting excited and determined but also the closer I get I feel more anxious.

I've studied the ranking structure and I've got my competencies all wrote out with some examples and I have my volunteer work set out (not great as I'm quiet young compared to some in the competition) but still I've got a few like 2 or 3 examples.

What else should I be looking out for? Hobbies? Qualifications? Will my age become an issue? I'll be 20 by the time I begin my training.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

Just out of my interview. Not sure how to feel about it

Just out of my interview. Not sure how to feel about it

It's done. You gave it your best shot and that's what counts. Doubt will always creep in but don't let those head gremlins get to you! :)

Smallboy wrote: »
    Hey guys so I've got my interview late next week and I'm getting excited and determined but also the closer I get I feel more anxious.

I've studied the ranking structure and I've got my competencies all wrote out with some examples and I have my volunteer work set out (not great as I'm quiet young compared to some in the competition) but still I've got a few like 2 or 3 examples.

What else should I be looking out for? Hobbies? Qualifications? Will my age become an issue? I'll be 20 by the time I begin my training.

A huge part of my interview was identifying the issues in communities anti social/drugs/ multi national integration etc and identifying how Garda can assist with that! Lucky enough for me I am a qualified community developer so I passed I'd say with all my Community dev knowledge and experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Prepare for a Q something like "Tell us about a time where you and another person had to do a task, but you weren't in full agreement on how to go about doing the task? What did you do?
    Were you happy/unhappy at the task outcome ?

Glad the closing date for the new campaign is the end of the month.

Please god I dont fail but should get my results in time so I can apply again !!.

Hi folks, just wondering what kind of OOM those of you who received the results on Tuesday got? Can we discuss this on a public forum? I feel my own OOM is pretty high. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wonderisit

Hey , This is my first time posting but I am due to do my interview soon and I was wondering if anyone has any theories on what are good or bad signs during the interview???
    Maybe from anyone who failed or passed??

Also I was wondering if anyone else is thinking of applying to the newly opened campaign as a precaution, or will this affect your current application in any way?

Thanks a million :)

• Advertisement

wonderisit wrote: »
    Hey , This is my first time posting but I am due to do my interview soon and I was wondering if anyone has any theories on what are good or bad signs during the interview???

Also I was wondering if anyone else is thinking of applying to the newly opened campaign as a precaution, or will this affect your current application in any way?

Yeah be no harm to do that. Had my interview Wednesday and I felt it went pretty well so I might just sign up for the new campaign as a safety net. It'll probably be Novemeber by the time the online exams will be held so hopefully we'll know by then how we got on 😀

wonderisit wrote: »

That's actually really good idea I think. Would it stand against us to apply and just leave it there JUST INCASE.

And from speaking to Garda I heard that one member will give you the cold shoulder to see how you respond to this, but I guess if theyr smiling and laughing it's a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Interview coming up in october but thinking of applying for new campaign if that's allowed ?

Anybody any ideas ?

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Interview coming up in october but thinking of applying for new campaign if that's allowed ?

Anybody any ideas ?

In practice all PAS campaigns are treated individually and have no bearing on any other campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SullyT

Hi all, new to this thread! got results from stage 2 a few weeks ago and am currently waiting for my interview date and form b.
    Has anyone who has already done the interview got any tips for preparation and also do ye recommend a preparation course for the interview. I wasn't going to do one but I'm getting a bit nervous now! Any help is greatly appreciated 😊. Thanks

That's actually really good idea I think. Would it stand against us to apply and just leave it there JUST INCASE.

And from speaking to Garda I heard that one member will give you the cold shoulder to see how you respond to this, but I guess if theyr smiling and laughing it's a good sign.

Pretty sure that new campain is to allow more females and ethnic minorities to apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Pretty sure that new campain is to allow more females and ethnic minorities to apply.

where they not always allowed to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Waiting on my interview date aswell, email said it would be September.
    Everyone who passed their interview congrats.
    Do they give a break down of how you did in your result?
    Also would two example for each of the competencies be enough?
    Good luck everyone.

Guys that have done it and or know; what's the attire for the day? Is it mad formal or will a simple white/grey shirt with a tie and slacks do or do I need the whole shebang?
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Waiting on my interview date aswell, email said it would be September.
    Everyone who passed their interview congrats.
    Do they give a break down of how you did in your result?
    Also would two example for each of the competencies be enough?
    Good luck everyone.

Hi, no you don't get a break down or interview results just a simple yes or no. Def have 2 examples and know them well, i.e. what skills did you use for the competence, what did you learn, what would you different, skills could use as a garda,
    best of luck

Advertisement