Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Has anyone received a message about form b yet? Or when will they be sending them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Another stage over - panel were lovely. The best advice I got was to be prepared and on the day stay relaxed. Best of luck to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Another stage over - panel were lovely. The best advice I got was to be prepared and on the day stay relaxed. Best of luck to all

Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

Hi all. Anybody any advice on what to wear to the interview for women ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Hi all. Anybody any advice on what to wear to the interview for women ?

Treat it is a business interview, formal suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Sent in my interview application form on Monday. Any idea how long be waiting for an interview date? They were saying Oct sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cars4life

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Sent in my interview application form on Monday. Any idea how long be waiting for an interview date? They were saying Oct sometime

You should get form B and interview date in about a week! What is your order of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

bazz1000 wrote: »
    I sent mine in about a week ago also got a confirmation email of receipt but no interview date either. I was told some stage in october also !!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Anyone who did their interview last week hear anything yet? I know they said two weeks but I find we should get it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Anyone who did their interview last week hear anything yet? I know they said two weeks but I find we should get it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hopefully results early this week. #nerves

Anyone awaiting results applying for the new application process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Anyone awaiting results applying for the new application process?

I did my interview last week thought it went like terribly so I'm gonna re apply just in case. You have to download an application form again and when I do it's the interview form for the September interview which I've just done. So I've contacted PAS about it

I did my interview last week thought it went like terribly so I'm gonna re apply just in case. You have to download an application form again and when I do it's the interview form for the September interview which I've just done. So I've contacted PAS about it[/quote

Same is coming up for me when I try to apply to new campaign. If they get back to you will you let me know please?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

Hi has anyone any more information about the interview. Does it take place at PAS centre or your local station and what can I expect to be asked ?

• Advertisement

Same is coming up for me when I try to apply to new campaign. If they get back to you will you let me know please?[/quote]

I did get an email back just saying they would send it on to the relevant recruitment team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

For anyone thats interested where they are in OOM for stage 3.

1600s and stage 3 interview. 2nd week October.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nmf28

I wish I had visited this forum sooner but I just joined! I did my interview 2 weeks ago today and I'm still waiting to hear. Anyone in the same boat? I'm dying to hear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

JN94 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone any more information about the interview. Does it take place at PAS centre or your local station and what can I expect to be asked ?

I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but if you read through all of this thread every question you have will be answered.

daveoc43 wrote: »
    I did my interview last week thought it went like terribly so I'm gonna re apply just in case. You have to download an application form again and when I do it's the interview form for the September interview which I've just done. So I've contacted PAS about it[/quote

Same is coming up for me when I try to apply to new campaign. If they get back to you will you let me know please?

The Interview form is actually the form for the new campaign. We have changed the process so that the interview form is completed at the beginning of the campaign.

Just got that back via email.

• Advertisement

daveoc43 wrote: »

The Interview form is actually the form for the new campaign. We have changed the process so that the interview form is completed at the beginning of the campaign.

Just got that back via email.

Thanks a million sound for that

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Hi, I have my interview soon in the coming weeks, i'm just wondering how do they phase the questions relating to the competencies like if anyone is willing to give one or two examples that would mean alot ? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Hi, I have my interview soon in the coming weeks, i'm just wondering how do they phase the questions relating to the competencies like if anyone is willing to give one or two examples that would mean alot ? Thanks :)
    For me they were very straight forward. As in it was a case of, "show us an example in your work where you showed interpersonal skill", or "can you show us examples of how you delivered proven results in your work". They were very precise and to the point.....but in saying that I've heard each interview panel can be quiet different.

nmf28 wrote: »
    I wish I had visited this forum sooner but I just joined! I did my interview 2 weeks ago today and I'm still waiting to hear. Anyone in the same boat? I'm dying to hear!!

End of the week I was told... If not it will be Monday

Ah don't say that :(

Ah ok, at least I have something to go on. Did you ask public job's? I took it very literally when they said within two weeks!

Results are out guys....thankfully I passed. Best of luck to you all!!!

Hands are fecking twitching . I PASSED . WOOOO. CONGRATS TO ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Soby wrote: »
    Hands are fecking twitching . I PASSED . WOOOO. CONGRATS TO ALL

Same as .myself Soby!! Could hardly open the email with the nerves! Congrats buddy!!

JustCaff wrote: »
    Same as .myself Soby!! Could hardly open the email with the nerves! Congrats buddy!!
    Haha....nice to know I wasn't the only one. Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement

JustCaff wrote: »

Haha I was scrolling down slowly then just trying to find any important words haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 libertybell41

Maybe a silly question,but what happens now ??

Results are out guys....thankfully I passed. Best of luck to you all!!!

Thank god! I passed, the best news!

Maybe a silly question,but what happens now ??

We go back to waiting again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 libertybell41

Soby wrote: »
    We go back to waiting again lol

Just enquiring for my daughter, not sure what's tne next step ...she probably knows though ...is medical next ??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Congratulations to all! Passed myself there, but I hope the medical and physical are in the next few weeks! Such a long process and here's hoping things progress quickly. Does anyone the next couple of in take dates in Templemoore? And how much each intake takes? I headed between 200-300 each time

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Just enquiring for my daughter, not sure what's tne next step ...she probably knows though ...is medical next ??

As far as I know it's physical/medical/betting and then a meeting with the local Sergent

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

innovate27 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all! Passed myself there, but I hope the medical and physical are in the next few weeks! Such a long process and here's hoping things progress quickly. Does anyone the next couple of in take dates in Templemoore? And how much each intake takes? I headed between 200-300 each time

Hi, there is an intake in November and an intake in February .. that's all I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

Yay I passed too so nervous opening the message well done to everyone

• Advertisement

2 weeks today for interview. Half excited half nervous now. Not entirely sure bout the 5 competences. Any tips.
    Well done all on passing stage 3 all. What kind of examples. Would sports and work do along with real life.

Passed my interview beyond delighted

Anybody know if theres a recent thread set up for the medical an PCT, can't seem to find a recent one.

Anybody know if theres a recent thread set up for the medical an PCT, can't seem to find a recent one.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057598244/101/#post101109264

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Trics

Hi. Wonder could anyone offer any advice? I sent back in my interview form August 22nd, as requested, where I was told interview would be early September - I have heard nothing since, except an email to confirm the form was received. I see from previous posts that they are interviewing OOM after 1600 now, my number was 15xx. I have emailed again, but am very concerned at this point. Any advice gladly taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hounddoggydogg

Got confirmation yesterday i passed my interview! Any ideas on when medical and fitness will be and how likely are people in the 900s of order of merit to get called for the November intake?

• Advertisement

Got confirmation yesterday i passed my interview! Any ideas on when medical and fitness will be and how likely are people in the 900s of order of merit to get called for the November intake?

I asked the guy I did the interview prep course with and was told things would move on quickly from now and could possibly be in the November intake. I'm not sure that will be the case though. I also got results yesterday and was in 800's. I haven't heard anything yet. Don't even know how they contact you as I think from now on its not public job's but I could be wrong.

I asked the guy I did the interview prep course with and was told things would move on quickly from now and could possibly be in the November intake. I'm not sure that will be the case though. I also got results yesterday and was in 800's. I haven't heard anything yet. Don't even know how they contact you as I think from now on its not public job's but I could be wrong.
    Yeah you're right, the next contact we receive will be from Garda HR as far as i'm aware. I have my doubts i'll get in the November intake as i read in another forum a lot are still waiting on November from around August. Well done on passing!

Yeah you're right, the next contact we receive will be from Garda HR as far as i'm aware. I have my doubts i'll get in the November intake as i read in another forum a lot are still waiting on November from around August. Well done on passing!

As long as I'm going in the right direction I'm happy. If not November hopefully February! Congratulations to you too :) Another question...is it via phone or email? (If you kno) Terrified I'll miss a call in work!

As long as I'm going in the right direction I'm happy. If not November hopefully February! Congratulations to you too :) Another question...is it via phone or email? (If you kno) Terrified I'll miss a call in work!
    I'd presume it will be via email so they give us all the info like dates and addresses etc. Plus they would have to understand that people are still working anyway so i wouldn't panic if you see a missed call :-)

If one has never applied for Garda reserves, what kind of answer would be sufficient for the interview panel. I'm sure work and sports would not be adequate.
    Any suggestions

• Advertisement
Advertisement