Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Well I'm up in the 900's after my interview. Just gotta wait and see how long it'll be before they call us for he medical and fitness. Still can't believe I've made it this far. Maybe it'll be the feb intake all going well. Be surprised if if was the Nov intake. Of course there is that massive recruitment drive next year

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

Congratulations to all of you who passed the interview that's great news. I have mine start of October !

Can anyone tell me did they do interview prep courses through services such as career portal etc ? There 150 e just wondering do people advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Congratulations to all of you who passed the interview that's great news. I have mine start of October !

Can anyone tell me did they do interview prep courses through services such as career portal etc ? There 150 e just wondering do people advise?

Well for the interview itself I didn't do any prep courses, didn't feel it was worth spending so much on it! The 5 competencies are the key to the interview and if you have related stories that you can match to each competency then the interview will go fine. Between that and bugging up work you may have done in the community, they don't throw too many curve balls! make sure you know your interview form you sent in well too, they tend to constantly reference to it alot. Best of luck ☺

innovate27 wrote: »
    Well for the interview itself I didn't do any prep courses, didn't feel it was worth spending so much on it! The 5 competencies are the key to the interview and if you have related stories that you can match to each competency then the interview will go fine. Between that and bugging up work you may have done in the community, they don't throw too many curve balls! make sure you know your interview form you sent in well too, they tend to constantly reference to it alot. Best of luck ☺

Thanks for the reply. Ive really done f all community work. I've been doing an apprenticeship and college then went on to full time work.. I'm only 24 but worked pretty hard to buy a house. Not an excuse but I never had much extra time.. hope they don't think I'm inconsiderate for my community. I know that's key ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hounddoggydogg

innovate27 wrote: »
    Well for the interview itself I didn't do any prep courses, didn't feel it was worth spending so much on it! The 5 competencies are the key to the interview and if you have related stories that you can match to each competency then the interview will go fine. Between that and bugging up work you may have done in the community, they don't throw too many curve balls! make sure you know your interview form you sent in well too, they tend to constantly reference to it alot. Best of luck

Thanks for the reply. Ive really done f all community work. I've been doing an apprenticeship and college then went on to full time work.. I'm only 24 but worked pretty hard to buy a house. Not an excuse but I never had much extra time.. hope they don't think I'm inconsiderate for my community. I know that's key ...
    Try to think of 2 examples for each competency, know your interview form and any questions they may have about it and as for the community stuff, try to think of time you may have helped with a charity event/charity run or helped young people. The panel were straight forward and sound for me so i'm sure you won't have anything to worry about. Good luck!

What are the competencys they ask on ? I'm sure I will be grand u do just over think these things... thanks for ur help

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hounddoggydogg

What are the competencys they ask on ? I'm sure I will be grand u do just over think these things... thanks for ur help
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Interpersonal Skills[/font]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Resilience[/font][/justify]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Motivation to be a Garda[/font][/justify]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Judgement and Decision Making[/font][/justify]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Delivery of Results[/font][/justify]

[justify][font=Arial, sans-serif]T[/font][/justify]

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

Hi quick question can t
    woman do the female press ups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Newgirl17 wrote: »
    Hi quick question can t

As far as I'm aware females do the press ups whilst balancing on their knees instead of their toes.

Watch the following video for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXo3roYoCUw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Are people filling out form b by pen or typing it out then printing it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Are people filling out form b by pen or typing it out then printing it off?

Type it. Won't accept handwritten

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Newgirl17 wrote: »
    Hi quick question can t

18 press ups on there knees I believe

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Type it. Won't accept handwritten

Is this the form they use for our vetting should we progress that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Is this the form they use for our vetting should we progress that far?
    Yep, so have it typed put and make sure as all the info is correct as any discrepancies will hold up your application further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Woop!

Hi everyone,
    I got confirmation that I got through to stage 3 on the 06/09 and was told that I would have an interview in October, I filled out the interview form and sent it back, yet I have not received any date for an interview yet. I'm getting a bit worried, is there anyone else in the same boat?Thanks a million in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Woop! wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I got confirmation that I got through to stage 3 on the 06/09 and was told that I would have an interview in October, I filled out the interview form and sent it back, yet I have not received any date for an interview yet. I'm getting a bit worried, is there anyone else in the same boat?Thanks a million in advance!
    Im in the same boat and not that worried as its a long process! :)

Sparky_7 wrote: »

They seem to only give 2 weeks notice for the interview so if u don't hear by 15th Oct then email.. also I advise downloading form b and drafting it up its 16 pages long be handy to get a head start on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

They seem to only give 2 weeks notice for the interview so if u don't hear by 15th Oct then email.. also I advise downloading form b and drafting it up its 16 pages long be handy to get a head start on it..
    Where can you download the form B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Where can you download the form B?

Type in to google garda interview form b it will be the first one that comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lctm

Passed my interview beyond delighted
    How long did it take for you to get the result of interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if your OOM improves if you pass the interview? My OOM is pretty high. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cars4life

Yes your oom will improve when you pass interview, what is your oom roughly?

cars4life wrote: »
    Yes your oom will improve when you pass interview, what is your oom roughly?

I'm confident about the interview though. Have done my fair share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

I'm confident about the interview though. Have done my fair share.

Hi
    I'm roughly around the same oom and was wondering have you got a date for interview yet.

daveoc43 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm roughly around the same oom and was wondering have you got a date for interview yet.

Hi, my interview is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Just wondering is there anyone that hasn't received a date for interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dandi2k8

Hiya. Just wondering does anyone have an idea of the failure rate at interview stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

dandi2k8 wrote: »
    Hiya. Just wondering does anyone have an idea of the failure rate at interview stage?

80% pass rate I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Anyone that did interview early September hear about the medical yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

Anyone that did interview early September hear about the medical yet??

Still waiting to hear hoping we might hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mightymouse92

I'm going for my interview next week and my coloured version of the leaving cert results never arrived will I still be allowed to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

AudiKidd wrote: »
    80% pass rate I believe
    That's very high! Where did you hear this?
    I emailed PAC and they wouldn't tell me about the pass rate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

ganthy wrote: »
    That's very high! Where did you hear this?
    I emailed PAC and they wouldn't tell me about the pass rate...

You hardly expected them to tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

AudiKidd wrote: »
    You hardly expected them to tell you?
    But who told you it was 80% pass rate?

What is a reasonable answer to why you did not pursue the Garda reserve?I was thinking work commitments at weekends?
    Also what colour suit are people wearing grey or black?

What is a reasonable answer to why you did not pursue the Garda reserve?I was thinking work commitments at weekends?
    Ye that's an honest answer also just for heads up for u I did actually apply for reserves 2 years ago to which I got a response they were not recruiting reserves as the college was in full time use for garda trainee's ;-)

Are the girls going for skirt and shirt or trousers and shirt ? I'm so excited / bricking myself ...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

A reasonable answer would be either work or college commitments, if you're involved in voluntary work, mention that any involvement in the reserves would cause the volunteering to end.
    Mention that you are aware of the reserves, that you admire their commitment and dedication to the role on a voluntary basis and that should see you through that question ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

hey, quick question relating to the interview, may be a stupid one but I don't want to get it wrong at same time... For form B at the end they are looking for references/referees for the Garda and the academic do we just need there name contact details etc and for the other two do we need written or do we need written from all four??? thank you :)

• Advertisement

Hi, Im just wearing a skirt and a shirt :) good luck :)

I just put name and address down it didn't mention written ref can anyone shed light on that please ? Are interviews every day this week or is everyone in weds? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

Be careful who you are putting down for your references .. as in, don't lie ! ALL mine were contacted

Yes but it says on the form just under the general references contact list.. 'References should be attached, where available.' that to me sounds like there should be written ones as well, but its confusing me do I need 4 from all or just 2 from the General ones?? help
    would be grateful.

my interview is another week away. I think the interviews are everyday up until the end of this month, they interview approx. 24 a day.

Yes but it says on the form just under the general references contact list.. 'References should be attached, where available.' that to me sounds like there should be written ones as well, but its confusing me do I need 4 from all or just 2 from the General ones?? help
    would be grateful.

my interview is another week away. I think the interviews are everyday up until the end of this month, they interview approx. 24 a day.

"Where available" .. is if your able get a reference but if your not it's not a necessity .. they contact your references for a written reference anyway :)

OK cool. thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mightymouse92

How long before they contact your references

How long before they contact your references

After your medical, just before your local Sergent rings you

Had my interview yesterday. Mixed feelings leaving it. Felt I answered their questions sufficiently but I will always feel I could have done better - such is the nature of an interview I guess. It was 40 mins but the time absolutely flew. Know your application form inside and out. I was asked questions on each and every section. Nerves came through at times but I'm sure they allow for this. Panel were firm but fair. They have a timeline they need to stick to.
    Your Form B needs to be 1,000,000% accurate. I forgot a post code on one relatives address and I had a typo in the DOB for another. This has already caused a delay in my vetting process so make sure your Form B is spotless. I have to re-submit the required information to them online but you only have 7 days to do this.
    Fingers crossed I did enough to make it to the next stage. Best of luck to those yet to do the interview.
    Now to play the waiting game! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 dandi2k8

Ah I'm sure you did great I have my interview next Monday.. so nervous.. I see your from Galway can I ask where you stayed or did you travel on the day? I'm travelling from Donegal and looking for a hotel as close as I can get to the building to avoid me getting lost! I travelled for stage 2 on the day last time with a friend who knew dublin but I'm attempting Monday solo!

Advertisement