Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Passed my interview beyond delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Anybody know if theres a recent thread set up for the medical an PCT, can't seem to find a recent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Anybody know if theres a recent thread set up for the medical an PCT, can't seem to find a recent one.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057598244/101/#post101109264

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Trics

Hi. Wonder could anyone offer any advice? I sent back in my interview form August 22nd, as requested, where I was told interview would be early September - I have heard nothing since, except an email to confirm the form was received. I see from previous posts that they are interviewing OOM after 1600 now, my number was 15xx. I have emailed again, but am very concerned at this point. Any advice gladly taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hounddoggydogg

Got confirmation yesterday i passed my interview! Any ideas on when medical and fitness will be and how likely are people in the 900s of order of merit to get called for the November intake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 nmf28

Got confirmation yesterday i passed my interview! Any ideas on when medical and fitness will be and how likely are people in the 900s of order of merit to get called for the November intake?

I asked the guy I did the interview prep course with and was told things would move on quickly from now and could possibly be in the November intake. I'm not sure that will be the case though. I also got results yesterday and was in 800's. I haven't heard anything yet. Don't even know how they contact you as I think from now on its not public job's but I could be wrong.

nmf28 wrote: »

I asked the guy I did the interview prep course with and was told things would move on quickly from now and could possibly be in the November intake. I'm not sure that will be the case though. I also got results yesterday and was in 800's. I haven't heard anything yet. Don't even know how they contact you as I think from now on its not public job's but I could be wrong.
    Yeah you're right, the next contact we receive will be from Garda HR as far as i'm aware. I have my doubts i'll get in the November intake as i read in another forum a lot are still waiting on November from around August. Well done on passing!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nmf28

Yeah you're right, the next contact we receive will be from Garda HR as far as i'm aware. I have my doubts i'll get in the November intake as i read in another forum a lot are still waiting on November from around August. Well done on passing!

As long as I'm going in the right direction I'm happy. If not November hopefully February! Congratulations to you too :) Another question...is it via phone or email? (If you kno) Terrified I'll miss a call in work!

nmf28 wrote: »

As long as I'm going in the right direction I'm happy. If not November hopefully February! Congratulations to you too :) Another question...is it via phone or email? (If you kno) Terrified I'll miss a call in work!
    I'd presume it will be via email so they give us all the info like dates and addresses etc. Plus they would have to understand that people are still working anyway so i wouldn't panic if you see a missed call :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

If one has never applied for Garda reserves, what kind of answer would be sufficient for the interview panel. I'm sure work and sports would not be adequate.
    Any suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Well I'm up in the 900's after my interview. Just gotta wait and see how long it'll be before they call us for he medical and fitness. Still can't believe I've made it this far. Maybe it'll be the feb intake all going well. Be surprised if if was the Nov intake. Of course there is that massive recruitment drive next year

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

Congratulations to all of you who passed the interview that's great news. I have mine start of October !

Can anyone tell me did they do interview prep courses through services such as career portal etc ? There 150 e just wondering do people advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 innovate27

Congratulations to all of you who passed the interview that's great news. I have mine start of October !

Can anyone tell me did they do interview prep courses through services such as career portal etc ? There 150 e just wondering do people advise?

Well for the interview itself I didn't do any prep courses, didn't feel it was worth spending so much on it! The 5 competencies are the key to the interview and if you have related stories that you can match to each competency then the interview will go fine. Between that and bugging up work you may have done in the community, they don't throw too many curve balls! make sure you know your interview form you sent in well too, they tend to constantly reference to it alot. Best of luck ☺

innovate27 wrote: »
    Well for the interview itself I didn't do any prep courses, didn't feel it was worth spending so much on it! The 5 competencies are the key to the interview and if you have related stories that you can match to each competency then the interview will go fine. Between that and bugging up work you may have done in the community, they don't throw too many curve balls! make sure you know your interview form you sent in well too, they tend to constantly reference to it alot. Best of luck ☺

Thanks for the reply. Ive really done f all community work. I've been doing an apprenticeship and college then went on to full time work.. I'm only 24 but worked pretty hard to buy a house. Not an excuse but I never had much extra time.. hope they don't think I'm inconsiderate for my community. I know that's key ...

innovate27 wrote: »
    Well for the interview itself I didn't do any prep courses, didn't feel it was worth spending so much on it! The 5 competencies are the key to the interview and if you have related stories that you can match to each competency then the interview will go fine. Between that and bugging up work you may have done in the community, they don't throw too many curve balls! make sure you know your interview form you sent in well too, they tend to constantly reference to it alot. Best of luck

Thanks for the reply. Ive really done f all community work. I've been doing an apprenticeship and college then went on to full time work.. I'm only 24 but worked pretty hard to buy a house. Not an excuse but I never had much extra time.. hope they don't think I'm inconsiderate for my community. I know that's key ...
    Try to think of 2 examples for each competency, know your interview form and any questions they may have about it and as for the community stuff, try to think of time you may have helped with a charity event/charity run or helped young people. The panel were straight forward and sound for me so i'm sure you won't have anything to worry about. Good luck!

What are the competencys they ask on ? I'm sure I will be grand u do just over think these things... thanks for ur help

What are the competencys they ask on ? I'm sure I will be grand u do just over think these things... thanks for ur help
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Interpersonal Skills[/font]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Resilience[/font][/justify]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Motivation to be a Garda[/font][/justify]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Judgement and Decision Making[/font][/justify]
    [justify] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Delivery of Results[/font][/justify]

[justify][font=Arial, sans-serif]T[/font][/justify]

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

Hi quick question can t
    woman do the female press ups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Newgirl17 wrote: »
    Hi quick question can t

As far as I'm aware females do the press ups whilst balancing on their knees instead of their toes.

Watch the following video for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXo3roYoCUw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Are people filling out form b by pen or typing it out then printing it off?

Are people filling out form b by pen or typing it out then printing it off?

Type it. Won't accept handwritten

Newgirl17 wrote: »
    Hi quick question can t

18 press ups on there knees I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Type it. Won't accept handwritten

Is this the form they use for our vetting should we progress that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Is this the form they use for our vetting should we progress that far?
    Yep, so have it typed put and make sure as all the info is correct as any discrepancies will hold up your application further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Woop!

Hi everyone,
    I got confirmation that I got through to stage 3 on the 06/09 and was told that I would have an interview in October, I filled out the interview form and sent it back, yet I have not received any date for an interview yet. I'm getting a bit worried, is there anyone else in the same boat?Thanks a million in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Woop! wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I got confirmation that I got through to stage 3 on the 06/09 and was told that I would have an interview in October, I filled out the interview form and sent it back, yet I have not received any date for an interview yet. I'm getting a bit worried, is there anyone else in the same boat?Thanks a million in advance!
    Im in the same boat and not that worried as its a long process! :)

Sparky_7 wrote: »

They seem to only give 2 weeks notice for the interview so if u don't hear by 15th Oct then email.. also I advise downloading form b and drafting it up its 16 pages long be handy to get a head start on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Sparky_7 wrote: »

They seem to only give 2 weeks notice for the interview so if u don't hear by 15th Oct then email.. also I advise downloading form b and drafting it up its 16 pages long be handy to get a head start on it..
    Where can you download the form B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Advertisement