Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

Those of you waiting for medical when did you do your interviews ? This next 3 weeks is a killer. Waiting for results ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Meath95

In relation to form B when filling out family details do you include your parents brothers/ sisters in law or just your parents brothers/sisters?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Meath95 wrote: »
    In relation to form B when filling out family details do you include your parents brothers/ sisters in law or just your parents brothers/sisters?

Just blood relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

Hi just wondering are we supposed to have proof of college results and if so will a print out of the official results do?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Hi just wondering are we supposed to have proof of college results and if so will a print out of the official results do?

I brought copies of transcripts for Degree and Masters. I was told they didn't need them when the lady up there was reviewing my paperwork. They were more interested in my Leaving Cert :rolleyes:

I brought them just in case. Better to have them and not need them etc. etc. Also, I only brought them as I had them to hand from previous job applications. I didn't order them off the colleges I studied in specifically for Stage 3.

• Advertisement

cool thanks. Also filling in form B none of the address fit in properly anyone else have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tri83

Make sure you put all your lines of your address under each other because wen u print them out they will be all over lapping. It happened to me and I had to go and re type them and re print the whole thing again.

Oh really? Just your own address or all the addresses of family members as wel? Isn't really room?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tri83

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Do you shake all the panels hands when you enter or just sit down?Im new to this interview craic :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Do you shake all the panels hands when you enter or just sit down?Im new to this interview craic :/
    They all stand up to shake your hand as they're being introduced....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dandi2k8

Hiya.. for my references I have employer,old teacher and a guard but for my other one could I use my old neighbour who I lived beside for 24years or should i find another one?

dandi2k8 wrote: »
    Hiya.. for my references I have employer,old teacher and a guard but for my other one could I use my old neighbour who I lived beside for 24years or should i find another one?

Did u ever do any community work ? We're u in a scouts club/summer project or any after school activity that u could get someone to reference for you? I used a family friend who I done work experience for years ago from school she owns a buisness. Something more official than a neighbour they are just a few ideas.. best of luck with ur interview !

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Lads for the Form B do deceased GrandParents and Aunts/Uncles have to be included too?

Thank you, I must try find someone else. my issue is I work alone and only interact with my manager so cant use colleague's and in relation to my volunteer work it's all over the place and not working with any one person consistently for 5 years :/ I was a marshal at a few adventure races this last 2 years and I voulnteer as a big sister in local youth club on and off for this last 3years then my local priest has been changed 3 times in last 5 years also so that's a no go aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Lads for the Form B do deceased GrandParents and Aunts/Uncles have to be included too?

Yes

Thank you, I must try find someone else. my issue is I work alone and only interact with my manager so cant use colleague's and in relation to my volunteer work it's all over the place and not working with any one person consistently for 5 years :/ I was a marshal at a few adventure races this last 2 years and I voulnteer as a big sister in local youth club on and off for this last 3years then my local priest has been changed 3 times in last 5 years also so that's a no go aswel

As far as I know even if u knew them say 8 years ago and worked together fr a year or so that counts I don't think u need to have been consistently with them for the past 5 years? It's a tricky one tho. I think it's more aimed at people in extra activities like I menioned. I didn't have any so that why I used the family friend.. when is ur interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

To be honest, that's as good as anything I had and I passed. Just practice getting those points across in the competencies

Cheers guys.. interview is on the 17th..I'll be a bag of nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

When you get your results is there a breakdown of how you scored or simply if you're successful or unsuccessful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Jayjellybean

Hey first time posting. Found this thread really helpful. I have my interview tomorrow I'm nervous but excited to get it done.
    Does anyone know if I pass around when will my intake start?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wonderisit

I would be guessing feb intake but no one can be 100% sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭YiddoOConnell

I done the LCA in 2006, never done irish, but will I not get in because of them above mentioned? I forgot to fill up form online, when is the next time I can apply?

Cheers!

Hi all,

Quick question on the 5 competencies,roughly how long did ye spend talking about each one?

2 or 3 minutes on each 1 or longer?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cars4life

Hi Guys, I have my interview next week, I'm trying to figure out what kind of scenario i could you for the competency "Motivation to be a Garda" ? any ideas would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi All,

I did my interview last week, happy to share some advice,

1.Know your competencies inside out, be prepared to talk 3/4 mins on each one,have back up examples,

2.Arrive slightly before the scheduled time, as the morning I was in it was particularly busy and it was taking a while to get through the candidates,the civil service were also doing interviews that morning,so some waiting time was required,

3.Remain Calm, the panel are friendly, think before you speak, drink the water also, it does help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.Have your Garda vetting form off to a tee, no gaps,typos,ensure detail is 100%, as not having this all correct creates hassle,

Good luck all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

cars4life wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I have my interview next week, I'm trying to figure out what kind of scenario i could you for the competency "Motivation to be a Garda" ? any ideas would be much appreciated.

They asked me about how I would cope with the poor wages as I was coming from a high earning profession at the moment,

Also I was asked how would I react in a violent situation eg fight,

How would I handle verbal abuse on the street as a Garda etc

Hope that helps good luck!!!!!!!:D

Lads quick question about the birth cert for the interview?

I can only find the long version of mine but its a photocopy of it from 2006?(Don't know why i needed it)

Anyone know if this will do?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 joeeeyyy

No you'll need to order one. Should jump on that straight away it could take some time depending how busy they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Has anyone heard anything yet from the beginning of Oct interviews ???

Advertisement