Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything yet from the beginning of Oct interviews ???
    Just got the email there! I passed!":)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Just got the email there! I passed!":)
    Got my email too. I passed too :-)
    Time to hit the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kilcommon34

Hey, first time I've posted here. I got my interview results today and I've passed. My question is as I'm involved in sport ive picked up an injury and may be out for 6-8 wks. If I get offered to do the physical in that time frame can I postpone it till I am able to do the physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 joeeeyyy

Hey, first time I've posted here. I got my interview results today and I've passed. My question is as I'm involved in sport ive picked up an injury and may be out for 6-8 wks. If I get offered to do the physical in that time frame can I postpone it till I am able to do the physical?
    Yes you can defer it. Up to three months i believe but in your case if you can show documentation of your injury they could give you more time. Well you do have up until February so should be enough time

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kilcommon34

joeeeyyy wrote: »
    Yes you can defer it. Up to three months i believe but in your case if you can show documentation of your injury they could give you more time. Well you do have up until February so should be enough time

Thank you very much for letting me know. That's good news. Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

I got my email I also passed we seem to all b having luck so far well done everyone and best of luck to those of you waiting to do yours !!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

I wouldn't worry too much about being called up for a medical anytime soon. I passed my interview in sept and still haven't got a date yet for medical or the pct.
    Just take it easy and recover well, shouldn't be a problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 joeeeyyy

Don't worry about it. But like JustCaff says just worry bout getting fit no need panicking about the test, you'll get enough time and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Hey guys i know someone who sat there interview over 2 weeks ago just wondering are results out, thank you

VW73 wrote: »
    Hey guys i know someone who sat there interview over 2 weeks ago just wondering are results out, thank you

I done mine 5th October found out on the 17th I passed

• Advertisement

Interviewed Oct. 4th. Got result Oct. 17th.

I done mine 5th October found out on the 17th I passed

thanks a million for replying, and Congratulations on passing your interview

JustCaff wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much about being called up for a medical anytime soon. I passed my interview in sept and still haven't got a date yet for medical or the pct.
    Just take it easy and recover well, shouldn't be a problem. :)

Have you met Sgt or Super yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm waiting since August for any type of movement !

Anyone have to do the Irish assessment?

No haven't had any contact since they told me I passed the interview. Was invited down to the open day last weekend, that's about it. Still no word from the locals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Do we meet local seg only after we have medical and pct passed?

Do we meet local seg only after we have medical and pct passed?

From what I've seen on these forums over the last 6 months, anything can happen once you've passed the interview.

Medical, PCT, meeting Sgt and Super could take place at any time over the next 3-4 weeks or longer, and they may not happen in any particular order. There's also the possibility of being invited down to attend an open day.

From what I've seen on these forums over the last 6 months, anything can happen once you've passed the interview.

Medical, PCT, meeting Sgt and Super could take place at any time over the next 3-4 weeks or longer, and they may not happen in any particular order. There's also the possibility of being invited down to attend an open day.

Hit the nail on the head there! Couldn't explain it any better! It's contained madness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PoorAuldDivil

Hello folks. I have my interview on Wednesday, however I have a bit of a problem. Both of my references (from employment and community work) have only known me the past 2 years. As well as that, I don't have access to their personal addresses (only business). Would they at all do?

Hi, business addresses are grand that's what i had for my references and was ok, once you have contact numbers for them. Best of luck with interview,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Hello folks. I have my interview on Wednesday, however I have a bit of a problem. Both of my references (from employment and community work) have only known me the past 2 years. As well as that, I don't have access to their personal addresses (only business). Would they at all do?

Are they the only references you have?
    A Garda reference is optional but you must have an accademic reference, two references from somebody who knows you for at least 5 years, one of which must be a former employer. And there's a section for current employer and you tick yes or no for permission for them to be contacted ONCE YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL IN THE COMPETITION (pass everything interview,medical and ptc)
    It can be tough trying to find references but for me personally I had:
    Former school teacher
    Football trainer
    Farmer I work for sometimes
    Current employer ticked yes to contact them
    Didn't have a Garda reference

As was said business addresses will do along with contact number

On the day of your interview you will be called to a room by a person from Garda HQ who will examine your form B with you. So make sure it's fully filled out I didn't have full dates of birth only month and year for some relatives etc. You are given 7 days to email them the missing details. This has no affect on your interview so don't let it put you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Is this the last week of interviews? I was told that I passed last week but I won't get my OOM until interviews are complete.

ganthy wrote: »
    Is this the last week of interviews? I was told that I passed last week but I won't get my OOM until interviews are complete.

Yes - interviews finish this week. OOM will then be issued.

Hi guys I know I'm jumping ahead. Just passed the interview last week, does anybody know when the next intake is after November (which by my research on this seems to be filling up with candidates who were passed their interview in July ) Feb I assume will be filled with those who passed august/September, just trying to judge those of us who passed Oct/Nov when out intake would be ? I know anything can happen regarding vetting passing sooner or dragging out just wondering if anyone knows what month intake starts after Feb. . Thanks and good luck to all !!

Hello folks. I have my interview for 9.55 in the morning. I was thinking, if I arrived around 9-9:30 would it be possible to be done and dusted by 11? The hotel I'm at the night before has a 12 check-out, and I'm wondering if I should Check-out before or after the interview? Thanks

Hello folks. I have my interview for 9.55 in the morning. I was thinking, if I arrived around 9-9:30 would it be possible to be done and dusted by 11? The hotel I'm at the night before has a 12 check-out, and I'm wondering if I should Check-out before or after the interview? Thanks

You should defo be fin by 11 that's giving u a full hour interview. I think I was out in 30/35 mins. Best of luck I'm sure u will do great !

Did the interview this morning. I thought that I did well enough, the panel seemed very fair. Thanks be to feck for that water though!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Anyone from the beginning of October interviews hear anything back yet about medical/physical stage. Hoping it's pushed out to December or even January as I have an op coming up in November

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Anyone from the beginning of October interviews hear anything back yet about medical/physical stage. Hoping it's pushed out to December or even January as I have an op coming up in November

Nope nothing I'd say we will hear in the next week or so as the interviews only finishing up this week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Is there anyone still waiting on interview results. Done mine two weeks ago and still nothing back

Advertisement