Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

daveoc43 wrote: »
    Is there anyone still waiting on interview results. Done mine two weeks ago and still nothing back
    Did mine nearly 3 weeks ago and still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Sparky_7 wrote: »

Emailed them this morning and they said it'll be this week or next week..not giving anything away

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

daveoc43 wrote: »
    Sparky_7 wrote: »

Emailed them this morning and they said it'll be this week or next week..not giving anything away
    Just got an email through to stage 4,best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

OOM Numbers are out for those who did interviews in October week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CuriousLady

OOM Numbers are out for those who did interviews in October week 1.

I got 988. NOT sure what it means tho others who done physicals in october were in 800's are we in the same bracket as them ?? What did u get ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Safebet

Hi CuirousLady,
    I got placed in the early 1000s. Not sure what it means. I had my interview back in mid october. Waiting on more information for stage 4 (physical/medical/vetting). Any idea if we will be considered for February intake or the one after that?.....im confused with the oom...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PoorAuldDivil

Just got word that I failed the interview.....absolutely gutted. Good luck to everyone going forward.

Safebet wrote: »
    Hi CuirousLady,
    I got placed in the early 1000s. Not sure what it means. I had my interview back in mid october. Waiting on more information for stage 4 (physical/medical/vetting). Any idea if we will be considered for February intake or the one after that?.....im confused with the oom...thanks

I am also so confused about it. I haven't heard anything regarding physical / medical etc. AND not even sure what the next intake is after Feb ?I'm sure we could be game ball for Feb depending on vetting .. people who passed interviews in July are going in November intake that roughly same gap from Oct to Feb. I know that doesn't mean anything but we don't have much to go on other than speculation and excitment right ? lol

Just got word that I failed the interview.....absolutely gutted. Good luck to everyone going forward.

Ah nooo . Did u apply in Sept campain ?? This was my second time applying . DON'T give up

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PoorAuldDivil

Ah nooo . Did u apply in Sept campain ?? This was my second time applying . DON'T give up

Yes, I have stage 2 on Monday. The experience may do me well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Hi guys,

I did my interview in early October and I got my OOM of about 1200. So confused! Is February only a pipe dream now? So disappointed!!! :(

Yes I am just going to prepare for the physical as much as I can in the meantime and just take it as it comes. I am unsure when the next intake after February is. Excitement and speculation is all we have. I will also just keep an eye on this forum for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

I'm in the 1400's so wondering if I'll have a longer wait than others for medical. I've already had a call from local sergeant about a meeting next week.

Hi Bazz100,
    Sounds good when you are having a meeting with your local sergeant. Part of the vetting process. I would assumein thinking your physical/medical will be coming up very soon then.

Folks, I wouldn't attach too much significance to any OOM number assigned to people who passed the interview. There are people on these forums with top, top OOM numbers (I'm talking 1-20) who are still waiting to be called up. Their vetting has yet to be cleared so they have had to endure months of uncertainty. It's incredibly unfair as they have passed everything else. My own vetting is likely to take some time as I've spent time abroad.

I'm staying positive. I focus on training, staying healthy and on trying to save as much money as possible before any possible call up to Templemore.

I'm sure my time will come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Folks, I wouldn't attach too much significance to any OOM number assigned to people who passed the interview. There are people on these forums with top, top OOM numbers (I'm talking 1-20) who are still waiting to be called up. Their vetting has yet to be cleared so they have had to endure months of uncertainty. It's incredibly unfair as they have passed everything else. My own vetting is likely to take some time as I've spent time abroad.

I'm staying positive. I focus on training, staying healthy and on trying to save as much money as possible before any possible call up to Templemore.

I'm sure my time will come.

I needed to read this.. thanks a million and best of luck with it all :)

Yes, I have stage 2 on Monday. The experience may do me well!

At least u are straight back in the loop. Certainly looking back to when I first applied I was so bummed I didn't pass but I know it wasn't meant for me then. I bought a house in the mean time which would not have happened had I dropped my wage for starting templemore etc. Everything happens in due course best of luck next week stay positive

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hippytrippy

Hi all, I'm in a similar boat. I did my interview early/mid October and got my OOM of around 1100 earlier this week.
    I got a call this morning asking me to come into a local Garda Station next week for a meeting about my application.
    Has anyone experience with this? I'm assuming it's formal, so I was going to be suited and booted anyway but in relation to what to expect, will this be similar to the previous interview at Stage 3 or less formal?
    Any info or help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi all, I'm in a similar boat. I did my interview early/mid October and got my OOM of around 1100 earlier this week.
    I got a call this morning asking me to come into a local Garda Station next week for a meeting about my application.
    Has anyone experience with this? I'm assuming it's formal, so I was going to be suited and booted anyway but in relation to what to expect, will this be similar to the previous interview at Stage 3 or less formal?
    Thanks

Less formal than the interview for Stage 3 but still worthy of full attention. I'll be dressing formally for mine when I get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Thanks

was it the sergeant or super that you ere called to meet? i met my sergeant casually and it was fine. In and out in about 15mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Thanks
    My OOM is below yours and I haven't got a call from the Sergeant to anything else....

ganthy wrote: »
    My OOM is below yours and I haven't got a call from the Sergeant to anything else....

Im in the 900s and haven't had any thing either. Interviewed in october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

Im in the 900s and haven't had any thing either. Interviewed in october
    Maybe my local station and yours are too busy at the moment and they will be a bit more slow than some others...

ganthy wrote: »
    Maybe my local station and yours are too busy at the moment and they will be a bit more slow than some others...

Maybe so. My local is prob a bit of a rough and busy station alright lol.. well hopefully we won't be left to long.

Same here...still no word about meeting with the local Garda station or about the physical...I wonder will there be a delay to recruitment now while the GRA are going to ballot on the new deal recommended...???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hippytrippy

Hey,

Had my meeting with the sergeant. Same experience as above. 10-15 mins going through my application and was quite casual.
    For those worried, I don't think there is any order to how these meetings take place and it is down to the schedule in the local stations. Some of the people who had met with this sergeant had already done the medical, some had been deferred for 6 months and some were like me who just passed Stage 3 interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

It's funny to think that I started this thread 8 months ago not knowing that I wouldn't be proceeding to the interview in the last campaign. Now 8 months later after passing the assessment centre for the most recent campaign I can finally post in this thread and use the information therin to help with my interview :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

Hi guys,
    I have my interview in mid December and was just wondering had anyone any names and recommendations of people they did a preparation course with?
    The name of Peadar O'Toole in Sligo was mentioned and was just wondering did anyone know anything about him? Or anyone else really!
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

AiB123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have my interview in mid December and was just wondering had anyone any names and recommendations of people they did a preparation course with?
    The name of Peadar O'Toole in Sligo was mentioned and was just wondering did anyone know anything about him? Or anyone else really!
    Thanks in advance!

I would also like to know this, a relative used him several years ago but has no contact details for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    I would also like to know this, a relative used him several years ago but has no contact details for him.

PM'd you!

Advertisement