Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with billing charges

Options
  • 24-03-2016 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I signed up for Eir broadband and had the phone line installed on 5th February.  I then got broadband installed on 16th Feb.  I cancelled both of them on 19th February and was assured that I would not have to pay anything because it was within the cooling off period.

Now I have checked my emails and found that not only have I been charged €20 for an initial bill, but now there is a follow-up bill for €95!!!

I had been given a termination ID and a return address for the equipment, and sent it all back on 21st February.

Can I have these charges refunded and sorted out?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I signed up for Eir broadband and had the phone line installed on 5th February.  I then got broadband installed on 16th Feb.  I cancelled both of them on 19th February and was assured that I would not have to pay anything because it was within the cooling off period.

Now I have checked my emails and found that not only have I been charged €20 for an initial bill, but now there is a follow-up bill for €95!!!

I had been given a termination ID and a return address for the equipment, and sent it all back on 21st February.

Can I have these charges refunded and sorted out?

Thanks
    Hi sandman1212,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you PM me the account number and I'll check this.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sandman1212

Hi Pamela,

Sent you a PM, thanks.

Sandman1212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Sent you a PM, thanks.

Sandman1212
    Thanks Sandman1212,

Pamela 

Advertisement