Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pints on Good Friday?

Options
  • 24-03-2016 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm only living in Dublin a few weeks and intended on having a quiet weekend, however, I just got tickets for Frankie Boyle tomorrow and would love to have a couple of beers before the gig! (It's too awkward to go home after work first).

Whats the story? Can you get a pint in hotels or do you need to be a resident?

Normally I don't mind the ban, but I wouldn't mind circumventing it this once :D

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You won't be served in a hotel unless you are a resident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

ProudDUB wrote: »

Cheers. Yeah I thought as much. I just hope he doesn't single me out in the audience because I don't think I could handle it sober hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

And only with a meal
    http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/seven-ways-to-get-that-elusive-good-friday-pint-34566272.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Frankie Boyle playing on Good Friday?!
    hilarious!!
    So many sober heads at it won't be good for a comedian!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    hilarious!!

I hope he is extra controversial just for the craic! :D

• Advertisement

Can't the bars in venues and sports grounds serve on GF too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

La Peniche if you fancy a bit of food at the same time. They have a weird license due to them being a boat.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't the bars in venues and sports grounds serve on GF too?

Nope, Dalymount has always had to shut the bars when Bohs have played at home on Good Friday. Significant source of income lost.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

From the Olympia website:

"Please note, as per Irish licensing regulations, we are not allowed to serve alcohol at Frankie Boyle's show on 25th March as it takes place on Good Friday. Soft drinks and snacks will be available to purchase in our bars."

http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/frankie-boyle-live/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

If youve a train ticket you can get a pint in a train station. Head into Connelly and buy a ticket for the DART.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

whiskeyman wrote: »
    hilarious!!

Judging by the replies to his tweet this morning I don't think the audience will be sober :D

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/712929896910233600

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If youve a train ticket you can get a pint in a train station. Head into Connelly and buy a ticket for the DART.

Has to be an intercity ticket apparently.

jimmii wrote: »
    Has to be an intercity ticket apparently.

Yeah it has to be a ticket that brings you 40km or more!

Ok, it looks like I won't be having any beer. Unless I bring a couple of cans to work for my lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Good job too.

I went to see Frankie Boyle, it was fecking awesome - he tore and I mean TORE into the first person to go for a pee. I was the second and he ignored me, 15 blokes followed me it was hilarious.

Have a great night Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,351 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Can't help you with the pints, unless you buy a few cans and have them outside,

But just bring a nagan of vodka/whiskey(bought tonight) and buy soft drinks at the bar......where there'll be feck all queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Would they frisk for cans?
    I could imagine everyone trying to bring in cans / bottles / naggins!!
    Everyone will be clinking on the way in! :D

Good job too.

I went to see Frankie Boyle, it was fecking awesome - he tore and I mean TORE into the first person to go for a pee. I was the second and he ignored me, 15 blokes followed me it was hilarious.

Have a great night Kev.

Thanks for the advice! :D

Cheers pal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Go to Shelbourne or Harold's Cross dog track. They will serve alcohol. I think the Shelbourne one will be open at 4 and apparently Tony Catch-a-rhino will be making a guest appearance!

Leinster Rugby can serve booze too, if they have a home game that falls on GF.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Take the Ferry to Holyhead and back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nope, Dalymount has always had to shut the bars when Bohs have played at home on Good Friday. Significant source of income lost.

Likewise at Tolka.......... but yet the FAI get a special dispensation tomorrow for the Friendly in Lansdowne supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bring your own or go to Connolly Station and buy a single to Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Does the ban mean last orders are by midnight tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

ProudDUB wrote:
    Leinster Rugby can serve booze too, if they have a home game that falls on GF.

No they can't and no they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

The bars in the Aviva stadium should be open for the Ireland game tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

mgn wrote: »
    The bars in the Aviva stadium should be open for the Ireland game tomorrow night.

Considering they aren't open for any other one to begin with; I suspect not.

Premium levels may be different. Bit of a dear way to get a few in before a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

f off church! its only alcohol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

L1011 wrote: »
    Considering they aren't open for any other one to begin with; I suspect not.

Premium levels may be different. Bit of a dear way to get a few in before a gig.

Seems all bars in Aviva are open tomorrow, FAI are making sure it's known to try get a big crowd in. Imagine the pints will be seriously pricey tho!

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/republic-of-ireland-v-switzerland-information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

mgn wrote: »

That area and the barge on the canal http://lapeniche.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement