Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Returns laws in Ireland

• 24-03-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

I bought an item from Best menswear (a gift that is now unwanted). In store, no online. Completely unwarn, tags still in place and fully resellable. I have the reciept and it was only bought less than 1 week ago. They have offered me store credit for the item but I'd prefer a refund.
    What are the laws in Ireland regarding refunds on items?
    They didn't clarify that store credit is all that would be available to me should I need to return it and had I known, I might have been more wary with regards to what I was buying.

I'm not looking to get berated by people saying "you should have checked before you purchased" etc. Just wondering what the law is around it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If bought in store then you have no right to return just because you have changed your mind, the law cannot force the retailer to accept back an item you just decided you don't want.

The store are perfectly within their rights to offer store credit, after all they don't have to accept the return to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Had a feeling that was the case.

Just an update on this. I had a response from Best on Facebook and they offered to give a full refund instead of store credit so fair play to them.
    My partner already accepted the store credit so we are just going to use that instead of taking the refund since they were so decent about it.

Good customer service is exactly how you get people to come back. I was pissed off (mostly at myself) about 20 mins ago, now I am more than happy to spend the money there, and more.

Advertisement