Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA regarding onward travel to cruise.

Options
  • 24-03-2016 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm in the process of filling out these for friends of mine who are going on a Caribbean cruise. They have 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale after arriving from Dublin and before the cruise.
    Just wondering do I press yes to the question 'Is your travel to the US occurring with the visit to another country'? If I press yes, they don't ask for accommodation details, etc., and if I press no they do ask for details.
    It's confusing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

finbarrk wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in the process of filling out these for friends of mine who are going on a Caribbean cruise. They have 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale after arriving from Dublin and before the cruise.
    Just wondering do I press yes to the question 'Is your travel to the US occurring with the visit to another country'? If I press yes, they don't ask for accommodation details, etc., and if I press no they do ask for details.
    It's confusing.

If they are only transiting the airport you answer no, they are staying in the US so give the first address they are staying,,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Ok, thanks. But their trip to the US is occurring with a visit to other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

finbarrk wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. But their trip to the US is occurring with a visit to other countries.

..and?

If they are leaving the U.S same day, put transit. If they're staying overnight or longerin the US you need to provide the address they're staying at for the first night. Wherever else they've been or going is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I did the application initially saying they were on the way to another country. It said information could be updated later. I'm trying to update the address of the hotel now, but it's only allowing me to update the contact email address. It's not allowing me to input a US address.

Advertisement