Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Giles to be dropped by RTE

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

rats. I missed it. Might go seacrh unless ya have a handy link?

Did he give a little speech or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Did they do a tribute video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dunphy gave a good little minute long speech about Brady actually at the end of the show and was well articulated from Dunphy, was nice to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

about giles ya mean?

i saw that on youtube. very well put.

Giles looked a bit devastated to be leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Thought Dunphy was surprisingly articulate and no too overstated last night. Really good tribute. I'd imagine that when Dunphy gives it up, we'll hear what he really thinks of RTE dropping Giles. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he offered to quit in solidarity with Giles and was told not to.

As for Giles, I think he looked uncomfortable with the tribute at the end. Not sure it's his thing. He'd have just as happily gone without it. He seems a really genuine sort of fella who hates fuss.

He's been a magnificent pundit. No better man to analyse the game, I don't care if he didn't know his Williams' from his Williamsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

DeanAustin wrote: »
    He seems a really genuine sort of fella who hates fuss.

I think that sums the guy up whether people liked him/did not like him as an analyst there is no arguing with this.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think that sums the guy up whether people liked him/did not like him as an analyst there is no arguing with this.

Didn't like his last few years at all, but yeah - Giles always seemed one of the soundest, honest public faces you could hope to find absolutely anywhere. Nearer the bottom end of my list for punditry these days, but still right up near the top of 'well known people you'd love to grab a pint/meal with'.

Advertisement