Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Spring/Summer 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Not a drop of rain here at all, actually turned out to be a reasonably pleasant day with not much wind. Large enough cb clouds a few kms inland for most of the morning/early afternoon

I was out in Blackrock/Dun Laoghaire all morning/until. It was dry there.

Noted on the way back a lot of surface water (from Dundrum to home). Came back to find 18.8mm has fallen here since this morning here (in Dublin 16).

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Thunder here now with some hail :). Three strikes just at athgarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Loud thunder in Naas now

Whoa ... huge flash there quite close to me here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice cell sw of newbridge a few sferics being picked up at the moment. I'd say some western areas can expect some flooding.

• Advertisement

Seems to have died off here now. Rain starting to ease up but still very dark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Can't tell if the rain is drifting West or not?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clearing from the north east here in castlebar now

Very strong rotation and possible large funnel being observed over Newbridge. Great video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Am I right in thinking this is heading towards Galway as I see a warning for Connacht from ME

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Kur4mA wrote: »
    Dublin 15. It's PISHIN out. Very heavy rain and possibly flash flooding.

It's nuts, I'm in Dublin 15 and the worse I had all day was a bit of drizzle, but I could see the blackness in the sky down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Aerohead wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking this is heading towards Galway as I see a warning for Connacht from ME

Looks like it from the last few frames on radar. Not much life in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Aerohead wrote: »

Yes, its heading your way from the N.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's nuts, I'm in Dublin 15 and the worse I had all day was a bit of drizzle, but I could see the blackness in the sky down the road.
    I'm in south Laois and it's been largely dry here all day bar the odd bit of drizzle now and again, yet the radar would lead to believe otherwise...Very strange:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

A cell that built up and passed over lough sheelin yesterday evening.
    One big fork flash just as i was taking the phone out of my pocket and only 2 sheet flashes after then the thunder died off as it passed over the lake.
    Seriously heavy rain out of it and plenty of movement underneath it but no funnel cloud though.
    388869.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭thomasj

ThisRegard wrote:

M50 at blanchardstown had flooding earlier as had parts of the navan road and cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Dunno but think Markree ended with between 40 and 50mm. Boards deleted my post so cant see what I wrote before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

pad199207 wrote: »
    Very strong rotation and possible large funnel being observed over Newbridge. Great video

Where's the video?

Bsal wrote: »
    Where's the video?

It's on Kildare Weathers Facebook Page ��

https://www.facebook.com/540079676081294/videos/1037286909693899/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

There's a cell with a nice wall cloud passing of the South side of Dublin City currently

Lj3xGxE.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

This is hanging over Mahon Point in Cork right now

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Just had thunder hear a few minutes ago in Waterford, very humid out, wouldn't be surprised if we had more

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway, Roscommon, Clare, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford
    Heavy thundery downpours with local totals 20-30mm giving spot flooding from now into the evening.
    Issued:Wednesday 15 June 2016 16:00
    Valid:Wednesday 15 June 2016 16:00 to Wednesday 15 June 2016 22:00

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Carnacalla wrote: »
    National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan, Galway, Roscommon, Clare, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford
    Heavy thundery downpours with local totals 20-30mm giving spot flooding from now into the evening.

Don't see this on met.ie website, yellow warning for blight alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

vicwatson wrote: »

Still there for me, refresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

vicwatson wrote: »

13442628_10153715002315878_4355560784193828599_o.jpg

Been updated now.

its on the main site, issued at 4pm National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

1645 forecast update also....
    Showers will be heavy and prolonged this evening with local thundery downpours and spot flooding. However, there will be drier conditions in Northern, Northwestern and also Southwestern counties.

Been updated now

• Advertisement

Clonmel area now, plenty of lightning

Advertisement