Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Spring/Summer 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm getting strangely excited about all this, as I'm sure many posters here are ;) However, I do feel that whatever happens in Dublin won't live up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I'll edit this post as the videos upload, nothing I can do about the bad quality though.
    These are all from the top west of Clew bay looking directly East. Castlebar is toward the centre, Westport is to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'm just concerned about lack of Sferics in the east. Radar rep looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Can't see much happening for the east coast bar Wexford. Heres the as moddelled MCS currently and its forecasted trajectory.
    392215.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Can't see much happening for the east coast bar Wexford. Heres the as moddelled MCS currently and its forecasted trajectory.
    392215.jpg

Cheers. Been in mobile all night. Bedtime :( Hopefully I'm awoken by a pleasant surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

It's hit Ballina in mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Nothing noteworthy for the east now at this stage. If there was even a sliver of hope of something developing it would have already happened now hence lack of sferic activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

What's the possible eta of that Wexford multicell,seeing as Wexford is kinda next door like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Best shot I got, was trying to stop my pets going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you may forget about sleeping tonight then

Still reading 21.9C in Bray, I'm not in the country at the moment but doesn't sound like a comfortable temperature for sleep especially with the humidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

I'm in a b&b on holidays up the slieve league in donegal. Best lightening show I've seen in Ireland in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Second Thunderstorm passed over Sligo town recently enough. Not much of interest on the radar as of yet, hopefully some more developments on the next frame.

Got some excellent video of a couple of forks. I am a video uploading noob though so bare with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just drove from West Achill to Castlebar witnessed the most amazing light show which got better as we approached Castlebar. At one stage there was a big flash every 3 seconds on average. Never saw anything like that before and neither did OH.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Rained for less than 10 minutes in Dublin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

7 am

web_hly_rainfall_2016072007.gif?h=1468965600000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Well that was some lightshow lads. It passed a couple of miles to the east of our house, directly over Castlebar would be my best guess. Satellite signal dropped for 10-15 mins and internet had a meltdown too.
    I never seen anything like it tbh, the sky was constantly lit up with a purple/pink haze and a constant rumble from the thunder.
    Nothing seemed to pass over Westport or Newport but the black sky over Castlebar was impressive, like the spaceship entry from independence day it was just lit up from every angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Video of the lightning in castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lenny5 wrote: »

Was there much rain out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1rYYof880A&feature=youtu.be

Fixed your link... please record in landscape in future! :D

(Phone sideways) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Met Eireann called this perfectly. Thunderstorms in the north west, just some rain for the East. Some of the posts here earlier were rather critical of Met E... apparently they had us believe that we were going to get lashed by storms on the east coast tonight and early tomorrow morning 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    Met Eireann called this perfectly. Thunderstorms in the north west, just some rain for the East. Some of the posts here earlier were rather critical of Met E... apparently they had us believe that we were going to get lashed by storms on the east coast tonight and early tomorrow morning 😉

But we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

km79 wrote: »
    Was there much rain out of it

About 5-10 minutes of biblical rain, then mainly drizzle for a half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I hope we get lashed out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

My thermometer is hot ! it's sort of raining and its huge drops. Hoping its boding well for later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    I'll edit this post as the videos upload, nothing I can do about the bad quality though.
    These are all from the top west of Clew bay looking directly East. Castlebar is toward the centre, Westport is to the right.

All the noteworthy footage uploaded, but nowhere near as good as the ones from others right underneath the forks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Well, around 20 minutes to midnight. If things are likely to happen as has been suggested in earlier posts, the beginning is soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann on radio 1, "some heavy thundery bursts coming up from the south into eastern counties"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Met eireann on radio 1, "some heavy thundery bursts coming up from the south into eastern counties"

Where's your video gone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

That precipitation approaching Waterford now has Dublin's name on it, lets hope it intensifies as it passes over the Wicklow mountains.

Advertisement