Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Spring/Summer 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Just heard thunder here

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Ballylad

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Just heard thunder here

Plenty of rumbles last 30 mins 5 miles west of Tullow , nothing too close yet

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

South Irish Sea looking interesting now too!

Heard a low rumble of thunder here a few mins ago but it's over Wicklow around Baltinglass and not coming this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice cluster nw of ferns.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Loud rumble of thunder in Dublin 16 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lightning in south dub. And here comes the crowd....

DOCARCH wrote: »
    South Irish Sea looking interesting now too!

Can you link to the realtime lightning page? Or could anyone? I don't have it on my phone Thanks

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Can you link to the realtime lightning page? Or could anyone? I don't have it on my phone Thanks

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/#?map=Lightning&zoom=7&lon=-5.12&lat=53.47&fcTime=1471412700

A bit hard to work on the phone!

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

Might be better for the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Huge flash followed by bang in glencullen
    Power gone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

I'm in Clondalkin and no lightning here. In fact rain has eased.

This is incoming here :eek:

Simply Wow

Gone very dark in Naas now

catrat12 wrote: »
    Huge flash followed by bang in glencullen
    Power gone

Looked like it was your direction alright. OH saw flash/fork over Three Rock...I presumed it hit that mast as the radio went off just a few seconds before I heard the thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Heavy rain here at the moment.

Rain intensifying here in west Dublin. Gone very dark again.... seeing or hearing nothing yet though.

Met Eireann have put up a weather advisory at 7.25pm warning of thunderstorms this evening for the East coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Eireann 1925 update

Weather advisory for Dublin, Kildare, Wexford, Wicklow and Meath

Very heavy thunderstorms moving North this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nothing special in the end. Looks like a few more heavy showers are coming my way.

Very disappointing yet again. Heavy rain but no sparks in west Dublin. This was perhaps the last chance this summer of a thundery outbreak unless the remainder of August or early September delivers some continental heat. I haven't witnessed any thunderstorm activity at all this year.

• Advertisement

All looking quiet now on the lightning detectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dublin Airport TAF updated to a 30% probability of thunderstorm rain between 7-9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

LEIN wrote: »
    Nothing special in the end. Looks like a few more heavy showers are coming my way.

May I ask where are you..?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    All looking quiet now on the lightning detectors.

That's because Met Eireann put up the weather advisory for thunderstorms

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fri showing a lot of potential, possibly quite blustery and squally at times I would think.

jujm474.png?1

8op4QuV.png?1

fGYHWGn.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

001_Microsoft_Edge_User_Default_Web_Notes_Micros.jpg

Poster's thoughts on this coming in and lighting up?'

Or will it come inland at all and continue up the irish sea.

The band is stalling through Leinster and backing westwards and redeveloping again. Could be very wet night ahead of eastern counties.

I just followed the Rainfall radar animation and it looks like it's tracking east to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Looks like no more sferics for tonight.
    Just rain.

• Advertisement

met.ie have downplayed the rain tonight and tomorrow, the heavy thundery rain is turned to rain only.

Advertisement