Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodquay Petrol Station

Options
  • 24-03-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much Woodquay is today? T.i.a.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://pumps.ie/ has info on most places.
    I see Woodquay isn't on it. It doesn't really matter, they're all similar and the difference is negligible when you factor in driving style, car weight etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

biko wrote: »
    http://pumps.ie/ has info on most places.
    I see Woodquay isn't on it. It doesn't really matter, they're all similar and the difference is negligible when you factor in driving style, car weight etc.

It's the principle of the thing. I like to support the place with the lowest price as long as it's not ridiculously far out of the way.

Also Woodquay is the only place I've ever had someone pump petrol for me! I felt like a king that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I don't trust independent fuel stations. Woodquay don't have a fuel franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

boardzz wrote: »

I'm curious as to why?

Would you buy bread only from Tesco and not a local bakery?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

boardzz wrote: »

There's only a handful of companies that import oil into Ireland. It's not something you can produce in a shed out the back so they have to be getting oil from one of these large multinationals.

• Advertisement

With small dodgy operators there may be a small risk of washed diesel or stretched petrol. Small.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

There's only a handful of companies that import oil into Ireland. It's not something you can produce in a shed out the back so they have to be getting oil from one of these large multinationals.

Have you heard of fuel laundering? It usually happens after the fuel has left the 'handful of companies that import oil into Ireland'......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Have you heard of fuel laundering? It usually happens after the fuel has left the 'handful of companies that import oil into Ireland'......

I know everything to know abt fuel laundering i also know abt fuel cartels which is happening all over the city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I know everything to know abt fuel laundering i also know abt fuel cartels which is happening all over the city

Tell us more - we won't say we heard it from you - honest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Based on your original statement (which I initially quoted) you know very little about fuel laundering and your post indicated you are naive enough to assume that fuel is not tampered with once it enters Ireland via the 'importer'

Then you follow this up with the usual cartel accusation

• Advertisement

Some posts removed.

OP's question is answered. If anyone wants to start a cartel thread or discuss fuel issues, please do so in Motors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement