Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are mixed breeds of restricted dog breeds allowed in corporation houses?

• 24-03-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I've been trying to rescue a dog lately and came upon one that was a mix of GSD/Rottweiler. Certainly doesn't look like either minus the colours, but I don't know what the rule is with mixed breeds

I had a staff for 11 years though with no problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I've been trying to rescue a dog lately and came upon one that was a mix of GSD/Rottweiler. Certainly doesn't look like either minus the colours, but I don't know what the rule is with mixed breeds

I had a staff for 11 years though with no problem

Think it depends on the council, but I know my local one do not allow any restricted breeds or strains in their houses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Yes, I'm not sure if every council applied the "no restricted breeds" rule, but at the time it was introduced, certainly some councils were allowing owners keep their current restricted breed dogs, but were not allowing them to be replaced.
    I would be pretty sure their rules apply to crossbreeds too... It'd be unworkable otherwise.
    And again, I say this in most of these threads, it's not important what mix you think the dog is..
    It's what the Warden or garda thinks (or the county vet, when things get more serious).
    I'm guessing it's like a lot of things with the dog legislation in this country though op... It's not a problem until someone makes it a problem :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FawltyTowel

Grand thanks

Probably not a good idea to go through with it then

Advertisement