Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wood garage door

• 24-03-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

hi,

Can anyone advise on a good place where i could get a hardwood garage door in Dublin area.

i am shopping around, but i am getting very different prices, from €1600 to €4500.
    what do you think should be the normal price for it.

opening size is 280 cm x 220 cm.

i am looking for something like the image attached

title_mzr1u.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I can recommend Haldane Fisher in Newry who supply Hörmann garage doors all over Ireland.
    This was over a decade ago, cannot remember the price but it was affordable and as it was a once off, we didn't mind saving for it.
    Still in great condition today.

http://www.hormann.co.uk/products/garage-doors/up-and-over-garage-doors/

http://www.haldane-fisher.com/doors/hormann-garage-doors/

They have a good selection too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

I can recommend Haldane Fisher in Newry who supply Hörmann garage doors all over Ireland. This was over a decade ago, cannot remember the price but it was affordable and as it was a once off, we didn't mind saving for it. Still in great condition today.

Thanks the princess bride but I am looking for a hardwood door.
    I think Hörmann garage doors doesn't supply it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

cargen wrote: »
    Thanks the princess bride but I am looking for a hardwood door.
    I think Hörmann garage doors doesn't supply it.

They do.
    Believe me, it was me that had to varnish it so I know what I'm talking about.
    We did our research and this is why we went with HF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

They do. Believe me, it was me that had to varnish it so I know what I'm talking about. We did our research and this is why we went with HF.

Thanks I will have a better look.
    I don't see any reference on their website.

Advertisement