Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pecorino cheese?

• 24-03-2016 7:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in Limerick where I can buy Pecorino cheese? I've tried Olio and Farina and Vincenzo's food hall but no luck and neither Tesco or Dunnes sell it. Sadly, Parmesan isn't the same.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

scream wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Limerick where I can buy Pecorino cheese? I've tried Olio and Farina and Vincenzo's food hall but no luck and neither Tesco or Dunnes sell it. Sadly, Parmesan isn't the same.:(

Maybe try the Milk Market Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Maybe try the Milk Market Saturday?

Our resident Italian is a big fan of the toons bridge scamorza. They make that themselves but also sell pecorino apparently
    http://www.therealoliveco.com/products/pecorino-sardo-distintu

I quite like their harissa. Been a while since my last purchase, must call again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭mackes

Tesco in Dooradoyle had some today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

mackes wrote: »
    Tesco in Dooradoyle had some today.

Indeed, I've often picked up pecorino in tesco, quite a decent one as well, packaged exactly like their Parmesan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Our resident Italian is a big fan of the toons bridge scamorza. They make that themselves but also sell pecorino apparently
    http://www.therealoliveco.com/products/pecorino-sardo-distintu

I quite like their harissa. Been a while since my last purchase, must call again soon.

Thank you, I got it there today, must try the scamorza soon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

scream wrote: »
    Thank you, I got it there today, must try the scamorza soon. :)

Tried the scamorza for the first time today, VERY smokey, may not be to everyones taste! They melt it in the pizza oven i think in their café in Cork, damn tasty with a sprinkle of herbs, some olive oil and bread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Tried it for the first time today, VERY smokey, may not be to everyones taste! They melt it in the pizza oven i think in their café in Cork, damn tasty with a sprinkle of herbs, some olive oil and bread.

I had the pecorino in a dish called cacio e pepe when we were in Rome last month and it's so morish. You'd never believe that something as simple as grated cheese and ground black pepper would taste so good.

Advertisement