Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA graduation for new members Oct 2016

• 24-03-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Did anyone attend the annual graduation last year in the Aviva stadium for new ACCA members? My parents are after booking a holiday leaving the day it is on, they are so disappointed and want to change their flights. Just wondering is it worth going to and what type of ceremony is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Nellsbells wrote: »
    Did anyone attend the annual graduation last year in the Aviva stadium for new ACCA members? My parents are after booking a holiday leaving the day it is on, they are so disappointed and want to change their flights. Just wondering is it worth going to and what type of ceremony is it?

I didn't even realise they had an ACCA graduation ceremony, in Ireland, at least.

Have you/they been to a previous college graduation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

It's not a huge deal. There's no presentation just a everybody stand and get a round of applause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I'd also be interested in knowing more about this. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into passing those exams, so it would be nice to have a proper celebration to acknowledge the achievement. There's something a bit cold about receiving the cert in the post I must say.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I'd also be interested in knowing more about this. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into passing those exams, so it would be nice to have a proper celebration to acknowledge the achievement. There's something a bit cold about receiving the cert in the post I must say.

Seems appropriate to me, accountants are stereotyped as cold and impersonal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

So myself and my parents are going to this in October. They have preconceived notions that I will be presented with a cert and there will be a professional photographer there taking photos of each person to hang on the wall beside all the other graduation photos in the house.

The fact I have already received my cert in the post leads me to believe this will be the kind of thing where they spout on for awhile about how great the ACCA are.

What can I expect?

Chivito550 wrote: »
    So myself and my parents are going to this in October. They have preconceived notions that I will be presented with a cert and there will be a professional photographer there taking photos of each person to hang on the wall beside all the other graduation photos in the house.

The fact I have already received my cert in the post leads me to believe this will be the kind of thing where they spout on for awhile about how great the ACCA are.

What can I expect?

They sent you your cert in the post? That's more than I expected tbh.

After I completed the F papers, I merely got the ability to print off an 'advanced diploma in accounting & finance' from the acca website.
    tbh I was expecting the same thing after finishing the professional level exams. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

It's been over 10 years since mine, but we were called up on stage and presented with a cert and photographs were taken etc. Just like a normal graduation

Advertisement