Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gates

Options
  • 24-03-2016 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello good people.

I realise there are a few threads on electric gates but I can't find anything specific to my problem. I have a long driveway and I'd like to electrify the gates coming in to it. Problem is, there a large paved area at the front of the house and I'm guessing I'll have to dig through that to bring a line to the house?

Is there any way to send the signal wirelessly from inside the house to a beacon maybe on the outside of the house/edge of the patio that, in turn, sends the signal to the gates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

are you talking about power cables or intercom cables

your gates need mains power to operate
    if theres power at gate then a phone linked intercom will do the trick and a remote fob can open-close gates

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

meercat wrote: »
    are you talking about power cables or intercom cables

your gates need mains power to operate
    if theres power at gate then a phone linked intercom will do the trick and a remote fob can open-close gates

There's no power at the gates at the moment so I'm guessing I need to provide this from the house. The power so is just needed for the gates, the intercom is over antenna is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

you will need power at the gate run from the house or anywhere else you have a fuse board maybe a garage. Intercom will require cabling too to the house there are probably some wireless options but wired would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Maybe use the small air driven horizontal drills used to replace water pipes to houses or under roads, under the patio or hard area.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Ok cheers thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

There's no power at the gates at the moment so I'm guessing I need to provide this from the house. The power so is just needed for the gates, the intercom is over antenna is it?

if you are running power cables then you may aswell run intercom too.run a cable also for pier lights and perhaps a cctv cable too

Advertisement