Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s home button and touch ID

• 24-03-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

My iPhone home button has been sticking recently and I have tried all the tricks to free it up, nothing worked.
    Now, last night Touch ID stopped working all of a sudden, tried a factory reset and Touch ID still doesn't work. I'm assuming that the sensor has had it. Anyone ever come across this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Kagawa wrote: »
    My iPhone home button has been sticking recently and I have tried all the tricks to free it up, nothing worked.
    Now, last night Touch ID stopped working all of a sudden, tried a factory reset and Touch ID still doesn't work. I'm assuming that the sensor has had it. Anyone ever come across this?

Thanks in advance.

Haven't heard of it but it does sound like a hardware failure. Is your phone on contract or bought from Apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Unresponsive Touch Screen on iPhone 6s

Hi There,

Have an iPhone 6 where the screen has now become Non responsive after completing the latest upgrade,

Have tried all the usual scenario hard/Soft reset and Factory reset etc.and also spoke in depth with Apple support

It is now out of warranty can i ask what do repair centres charge to run a diagnostics/Repair if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

ciarano wrote: »
    Unresponsive Touch Screen on iPhone 6s

Hi There,

Have an iPhone 6 where the screen has now become Non responsive after completing the latest upgrade,

Have tried all the usual scenario hard/Soft reset and Factory reset etc.and also spoke in depth with Apple support

It is now out of warranty can i ask what do repair centres charge to run a diagnostics/Repair if required.

Hey I repair them in Kinsale, you may be lucky and it might just be loose concoction or dirt, wouldn't charge you anything to have a look, still spreading the word. if the button does need replacing however you will lose the touch id as the home buttons are paired to the specific logic board.

Advertisement